eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
That's a good picture. This is what I was talking about. I think the clothes on Kermit look better here. That's the way a trenchcoat is supposed to fit, even on a human.

I don't know what the Piggy head is made out of, but whoever said regular people wouldn't get it was right. I took a friend of mine by to see them and he loved Rizzo and Kermit, but didn't even understand what the head was.

:stick_out_tongue:
I agree, Reporter Kermit is much better now.It looks more to scale now that he is showing more neck.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey Muppetperson! Just a suggestion, people don't kill me here. Read this out first.

If they were to make a Piggy head from foam, which is a stronger more durable foam, I think, than Gonzo's nose, they can do what muppetperson did to his Gonzo.

Gonzo's nose is covered in that stocking ike material. Muppetperson then flocked over it. Miss Piggy's head is flocked. So, the stocking/netting will protect the foam and then floak over that, giving her the correct look and correct material.

Any thoughts. just a suggestion. Thank you.:wink:
Foam can still break now, even covered.I would still prefer to see plastic or Resin.When it is flocked, you wont know the difference.Only thing is that you wont be able to pose the mouth.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Rizzo isn't one of the "classic" Muppets I don't think so we will not revoke your Muppet Fan card just yet PW. Rizzo really rose to fame on Muppets Tonight and the features after MTM. But as of now, he's in everything and is pretty popular (and don't forget SMALL). He's a good starting point for these guys.
Rizzo goes right back to the Muppet Show, but he was more a background character.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
I know Rizzo was in TMS but he was hardly popular back then. He rose to fame with MT and the films. The Rizzo on TMS was background and hardly spoke.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That may be but the clothes they turned out from those patterns just doesn't look right. Even with a 10% larger poser they would still hang loose and Reporter Kermits clothes are usually cut quite tight. It never fitted on Kermit like it does a human.

Maybe they had the dimensions for the puppet version, enlarged them for the poser and got them a bit too large. Just needs adjusting.

Props to them, that Rizzo is 200% better than what i was expecting, if not more. I will most definitely be ordering.
I agree. Fitting a poser is different than fitting a puppet. Maybe it's my feminine side, but the clothes need a tad bit of tailoring. Kermit's more dapper than he appears there, but it's just a prototype. :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Foam can still break now, even covered.I would still prefer to see plastic or Resin.When it is flocked, you wont know the difference.Only thing is that you wont be able to pose the mouth.
Although out of desperation I'd take Piggy anyway she comes, I would prefer all posers to be fully posable.:smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Although out of desperation I'd take Piggy anyway she comes, I would prefer all posers to be fully posable.:smile:
Maybe they could make it like the construction style of the Miss Piggy walk around head.It is plastic, but the mouth is a seperate piece that hinges.And instead of flocking, the whole lot is covered in a felt like material.

Luke

Reaction score
Foam can still break now, even covered.
Yes, as the foam deteriorates anyway even plastic or any thin material covering will just crack. Less so though than if it was just exposed. Takes about 15 years if stored properly. There are a few things even in the master replicas posers which could deteriorate, even some plushes do. Just a matter of storing these correctly, might as well just use the accurate materials and hope for the best.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Would a vinyl material like the old Fisher Price miss piggy Puppet work, if it was flocked, it could still move with a wire frame in it for posing?

Chris

Bear Man

Reaction score
Would a vinyl material like the old Fisher Price miss piggy Puppet work, if it was flocked, it could still move with a wire frame in it for posing?

Chris
That would be my first suggestion of the way to go. Flocking rubs off with movement, however (the real Piggy puppets have that problem too) so it will be another Gonzo-like challenge to find a balance between durability and authenticity.

I think while they ponder that problem they should start immediate production on a character that has more in common with a stuffed teddy bear. Hmm, what Bear-like characters are there in the muppets? I know there must be one...

Seriously - apart from size considerations, I have yet to hear any reason why Fozzie should be so difficult to make once you have a pattern. And if there are problems with something like consistency in head shape, I'd love to suggest some solutions to the eFX R&D people (anything from injected foam like MR's Gonzo's nose to a vacu-formed hard plastic skull would work wonders)