Did someone else do Statler in AVMMC?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

The line from MFS was taken from The Muppet Movie. "Sadly Temporary."
I see. You guys are going to think I'm a fool about this, but I've never actually seen The Muppet Movie in it's entirety. I've just seen clips of it and I have some of the songs from that movie downloaded to my desktop.

I haven`t noticed yet that Beaker speaks real words. But something I noticed is that Beaker speaks more at all. Richard's Beaker rarely made sounds, while Steve`s speaks a lot more.
Well, Tommie. I guess great minds think alike.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
Richard Hunt's voice is extremely hard to imitate
my friend eric can do a wicked good gladys voice, i mean, he never heard of her but he can do her voice and hes gonna play 1 of my puppets. i can do a good gladys myself.

I can also do a pretty good Beaker, Janice, Don Music, and Forgetful Jones (NOW THAT WAS MILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
jerrys statler is just like richards statler: they both make fun of the muppets and themselves! i don't think richards statler and when steve did statler in the weezer video sound the same..richards statler has a deeper voice than when steve did it...just my opinion

ryan

WiGgY

Reaction score
But who did him for that one line? Anyone know? Secret?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i did statler!!!!!! it was none other than me...

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003

Well, Tommie. I guess great minds think alike.
Ehhm, maybe I`m ruining a joke, but, what do you mean with that sentence?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys

Steve performed Statler in the Weezer music video, He said (I forget where now) that he didnt try to imitate Jerry's Statler, And that he wanted to base it more on Richard's Statler.

I think it was succesful, And even tho i like Jerry's Statler it would be nice to have him sounding like Richard again.

So i think that Steve also played Statler in Its A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and then Jerry dubbed all the lines, But for some weird reason that line was left out.

See ya

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
they do that from time to time..dubbing lines and all and missing a line or two that someone else had dubbed.......is that the job of the editor to fix those problems???

ryan

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Ehhm, maybe I`m ruining a joke, but, what do you mean with that sentence?
I meant that we were sort of thinking the same thing about Beaker speaking more lately.

So i think that Steve also played Statler in Its A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and then Jerry dubbed all the lines, But for some weird reason that line was left out.
Yeah, you're probably right. I'll have to listen for Steve's Statler next time I see the movie. I missed it the first time.

Again, I don't think Jerry tried to imitate Richard. He probably just did Statler as he did originally in the "Sex and Violence" pilot. I haven't seen that though. I'm just guessing.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY

It sounded like maybe Bill did it but who knows from just one line? All I klnow is that it sounded nothing like Jerry.

hmmmmmmmmm interesting thought

Sarah