Did someone else do Statler in AVMMC?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jerry did him most of the time BUT if you listen to him at the end when Pepe gets the historical landmark papers you here Statler say "Historical land mark?" and it sounds way different from Jerry's Statler. In fact, it sounded a lot like Richards Statler! Did someone else do that particular line? If so I hope they take over Statler because he finally sounded right for the first time in like 13 years!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, it obvously wasn't Richard since he's no longer with us. I know Jerry did Statler for most of his lines in the movie. It might have been Steve Whitemire who did Statler for that line, since he voiced Statler on the Weezer video and possibly the Denny's commercial. I'm just guessing though.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well who ever did Statler for that one line should do him more often. No disrespect to Jerry, but that one line sounded more like Statler than anything Jerry has said as Statler. It had the old man quality. Now if only we could get another Waldorf. Dave does a good job but frankly Waldorf has been much to energetic. Normally an energetic character is good but not for Waldorf or Statler. We need our old geezers to be geezers again!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Jerry did Statler in the Denny's commercials.
Sorry. I've only seen that ad once, so I guess I sort of forgot how they sounded in that or something.

I have to agree. I like Richard's Statler much better. On the other hand, Jerry performed the character originally in the "Sex and Violence" pilot, so I guess they thought it was natural that Statler should be handed down to him when Richard died. I haven't seen Steve's Statler in the Weezer videos so I can't really comment on that. I just thought I'd put in my two cents.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i think steve would be better at waldorf, i mean he's been a replacement for most of Jims puppets

WiGgY

Reaction score
Has he? I know he does Kermit and supposedly he does Link though I never heard him. I think thats about it. I think Brian may do a good Waldorf since I've heard he is taking over the muppet news man. There are basically the same voice.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i think steve would be better at waldorf, i mean he's been a replacement for most of Jims puppets. and i also think he should play Guy Smiley, cuz his voice is basically just Kermit after lots of cofee.

CousinLuke

Reaction score
I thought Steve only did the higher-pitched Jim characters (Kermit, ernie) so I am not sure he wold do better for waldorf. Besides, Dave does a great job. I also personally think Jerry does fine most of the time for statler.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
No one can replace Richard, and that's fact. Ever. He brought a qauilty to his characters that will never be seen again. No matter how hard Jerry, Brian, and others try, they can't duplicate his performance. Still, they do the best they can, giving there own spin on classic charactors. It's like replacing someone on broadway, they will be compared to the origonal. Then again, Jerry Was the origonal statler, and He's perfectly fine with the charactor now. Anybody got a problem with that! (Makes threating motions with hands)