Dealing with depression and anxiety

cjd874

Reaction score
This whole virus has got me stressed out to the point I wish once this is over I just want to be distance from everybody and everything in person. Can't take this pandemic anymore...
It's okay to feel stressed out right now, but it will eventually pass. Take this time for yourself, and explore your interests if you have all the necessary resources. Is it drawing? Gaming? Papier-mâché? Now is the time for self-discovery and self-growth.

I'm taking time to exercise (20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and 20 squats each morning), draw Muppets/Sesame or Looney Tunes fan art, practice several musical instruments, join live video master classes, and explore web design. Since I'm stuck at home for the next month (at least), I might as well make the most of that time. Doing these things will help me become stronger mentally, physically, and emotionally. I resolve to be healthier once this crisis is over...because if you don't have your health, what do you even have?

Any Del

Reaction score
Hang in there, dude.
Thanks.

It's okay to feel stressed out right now, but it will eventually pass. Take this time for yourself, and explore your interests if you have all the necessary resources. Is it drawing? Gaming? Papier-mâché? Now is the time for self-discovery and self-growth.

I'm taking time to exercise (20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and 20 squats each morning), draw Muppets/Sesame or Looney Tunes fan art, practice several musical instruments, join live video master classes, and explore web design. Since I'm stuck at home for the next month (at least), I might as well make the most of that time. Doing these things will help me become stronger mentally, physically, and emotionally. I resolve to be healthier once this crisis is over...because if you don't have your health, what do you even have?
I mean I DID have more time to draw for my creation I want to be published by Sesame Workshop. Just that ever since this whole pandemic people have been extremely hostile due to the media placing fear on them for their ratings. I had enough of it. However thank you for your concern. :smile: Same to you Jerry! 🙏👌

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My anxiety’s been up and down because of the pandemic, too. Some days are better than others. Especially when you hear how people across all age groups, even young adults, are dying and the fact that people can carry the virus and not know it. That’s what’s scaring me the most! I do my best to keep my mind off it, but Facebook and Twitter media makes the anxiety spike. It’s scaring me because several of my family members either have pre-existing conditions( Diabetes, Cancer survivors), and are elderly. You can’t help but think about whether or not the virus will get them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This whole virus has got me stressed out to the point I wish once this is over I just want to be distance from everybody and everything in person. Can't take this pandemic anymore...
You’re not alone. We all have to hang in there. But it won’t be like this forever. We will get through this.
As I mentioned to someone else, God is in control. Why he’s allowing this to happen, I can’t guess. But God is not a genie and just wish the virus would go away. However, he will give you the strength and courage to get through. And not lose hope.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My anxiety’s been up and down because of the pandemic, too. Some days are better than others. Especially when you hear how people across all age groups, even young adults, are dying and the fact that people can carry the virus and not know it. That’s what’s scaring me the most! I do my best to keep my mind off it, but Facebook and Twitter media makes the anxiety spike. It’s scaring me because several of my family members either have pre-existing conditions( Diabetes, Cancer survivors), and are elderly. You can’t help but think about whether or not the virus will get them.
The best thing you can do is stay off social media. You’re not going to get anything good from any reputable sources. You’ll get conspiracy theories, crackpots, and people stoking your fears. It won’t do you any good.
Next month I’ll turn 52 (that’s 285 in dog years). I’m a diabetic, I’m on dialysis, and my immune system ain’t what it used to be.
However, I AM NOT AFRAID. I am not bowing to fear. I’m not giving up. I’m going to make it through this. I want you to also.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This virus and just everything in general going on in my life right now has just brought out the worst of me, and I have never felt more angry and bitter in my life than I have this month. Like, in all honesty, I feel like I’m starting to become that ***hole I turned into on social media back in the summer of 2018. I’m trying not to revert into that old self again.

But overall this has just been such a depressing month. Last night I was just having the worst self-hatred of myself to the point where I felt like I was better off just being dead. 😕 I’m really hoping April can at least just be a refresher of breath for myself and everyone else.

Any Del

Reaction score
This virus and just everything in general going on in my life right now has just brought out the worst of me, and I have never felt more angry and bitter in my life than I have this month. Like, in all honesty, I feel like I’m starting to become that ***hole I turned into on social media back in the summer of 2018. I’m trying not to revert into that old self again.

But overall this has just been such a depressing month. Last night I was just having the worst self-hatred of myself to the point where I felt like I was better off just being dead. 😕 I’m really hoping April can at least just be a refresher of breath for myself and everyone else.
Hang in there buddy.

Any Del

Reaction score
Watching Gordon Ramsay last night really had me dying of laughter! It helps with the stress!

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Watching Gordon Ramsay last night really had me dying of laughter! It helps with the stress!
I've been busy with School work but I have been making time to go outside to run or walk everyday and do some weights at home. I also have been watching some movies and tv shows. I also watched The Wizard of Oz for the first time since I was very young and I loved it? It truly is one of the greatest movies ever made. I hope you are well during time Any Del. :smile: