COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No I agree, not exactly a smart move on his part letting people with covid come into this country, especially when there’s already a big travel ban to begin with here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Greg Abbott lifts all COVID restrictions and limitations for Texas, and has the state resume pre-pandemic life.

Presently, Texas is now seeing a surge in COVID cases.

Now Abbott is saying this is all Biden's fault for not doing anything about it.

Yeah, sounds about right.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So Greg Abbott lifts all COVID restrictions and limitations for Texas, and has the state resume pre-pandemic life.

Presently, Texas is now seeing a surge in COVID cases.

Now Abbott is saying this is all Biden's fault for not doing anything about it.

Yeah, sounds about right.
Ok, first Gov. Abbot just opened up Texas a few days ago. You would not see a spike in cases that quickly. Even if all these people became infected the very day he opened up the state, it takes at least 3 days minimum for symptoms to show up.

Now, since January, there are 80000 more immigrant crossings than this time last January due to President Biden trashing all immigration rules. Those immigrants are released into the general public to travel wherever they please with no restrictions. Texas, being a major border state, sees a great deal of those immigrants. It was reported earlier this week that recently out of a group of 600 immigrants crossing, 180 tested positive and they were allowed to go as they please. So how many of those 80000 tested positive and were allowed to travel Texas as they please?

I'll let others decide which was more likely the greater contributor to the recent surge.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My county is refusing to offer the Johnson-Johnson vaccine, so now my folks want to drive out of state to get it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently because so many people were hoarding cans of tuna during the early parts of the pandemic, companies like StarKist, Bumble Bee, and Chicken of the Sea were killing dolphins and passing their meat off as tuna. That's terrible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm trying to find it again, it seems to have disappeared since last night, however here's National Geographic with a very similar story, which may be more accurate, though I apparently can't read the whole thing because of my adblockers, so I don't know exactly what it says:

MWoO

Reaction score
Apparently because so many people were hoarding cans of tuna during the early parts of the pandemic, companies like StarKist, Bumble Bee, and Chicken of the Sea were killing dolphins and passing their meat off as tuna. That's terrible.
That is terrible. It also didn't happen.

The actual story is that companies which claim to be "dolphin safe" are sourcing their tuna from fishermen that are not practicing dolphin safe methods. They are NOT canning dolphin meat and passing it off as tuna. Still not good, but certainly different from your interpretation.