COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
While I believe that the responsible thing to do is keep your distance, wear a mask and go out as little as possible. But if everyone did that it still would not be over. Sorry. It would just delay it. Unless you (we) build up immunity the virus will still be around. And the only way to build up herd immunity is to either a) be exposed to the virus naturally or b) vaccination. Wearing a mask and keeping your distance just delays that exposure until you can get the vaccination. Until there are enough vaccines produced and distributed it won't be over.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get why you’re saying, trust me I do. It just doesn’t help that many people are just refusing to follow the rules and continue doing things they want out of spite.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, both Texas and Mississippi have decided, "You know what? **** it. We're done with this. We're just going to go back to normal, and we don't care if it kills anybody."

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Tennessee ends up jumping on board with this; Governor Lee hasn't taken this seriously at all.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Well, both Texas and Mississippi have decided, "You know what? **** it. We're done with this. We're just going to go back to normal, and we don't care if it kills anybody."

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Tennessee ends up jumping on board with this; Governor Lee hasn't taken this seriously at all.
What are the infection numbers in Texas and Mississippi right now? What is the % of people that have been vaccinated? I haven't looked and am assuming you know them considering you are very critical of the decision.

If the infections are way down I don't have a problem with it. We have to open up at some point. And at this point a good deal of people are conditioned to wearing masks anyway. Hopefully its not too soon but I dont know their numbers.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean just because numbers are down doesn’t mean they should be quick to say it’s safe.... even when things become more cleared up I’m sure we’re still gonna be wearing masks and distancing for a good while until it really is clear.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I looked into it. Numbers are way down as they are across the country. Texas' mask mandate wasn't enforced either. So basically the people that didn't want to wear a mask didn't wear one. The responsible people did. I would think the responsible people are going to continue to wear a mask, mandate or no mandate.

I do wish though that states would err on the side of caution and stay closed for another month or so until more people could get vaccinated.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
People thought it was “safe” to go unmasked when they were rioting last summer. Nobody criticized that.
Even with people wearing masks and socially distancing, Luke we have for the past year, and with more people getting vaccinations, many Democratic governors still want to keep lockdowns going.
One of the biggest changes, those that are able to, are sending their kids to private, parochial, charter and Catholic schools.
Nobody seems to care about opening public schools any time soon.
Those that can afford to are also leaving California and New York in droves. Those two states have the highest Covid deaths, and neither Newsom or Cuomo handled this right.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can easily say I was very infuriated when the riots were going on because it pretty much showed no one cared anymore about the rules we have to follow.

Again, while I understand why they were happening (even though I don’t agree with riots), it was really frustrating that people took complete advantage of not following the rules anymore.

And I’m personally infuriated schools are open but I’m not getting into that debate again (I already had a massive headache from the first time I debated about that here).

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So President Biden called Texas and Mississippi governors decision to reopen and cancel the mask mandate "Neanderthal" thinking. Perhaps it is. Perhaps it isn't. But what then do you call the decision to let immigrants WITH COVID in to the country with NO restrictions on travel?