COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, but wearing masks has made just talking more of a hinderance: it's hard to hear people talking normally through a mask, and in my case, since I wear a respirator, I practically have to yell inside my mask for people to hear me clearly; likewise, I find myself having to says the words, "I can't hear you" far more frequently in recent months than I have my entire life.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. . . .

Concerts: canceled
Conventions: canceled
Public events: canceled
The friggin' Olympics: canceled
Super Bowl: it's on like Donkey Kong

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly even that really ticks me off. If anything it just feels like an excuse to have families at home watching ordering pizzas.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Could be; Papa John's usually have such great specials and deals for Super Bowl . . . or, at least, they used to, until they ousted Papa John himself when he showed himself to be a racist douchebag who underpaid his employees and would've let them have decent health benefits or anything.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m partial to the Steelers. They were 11-0 at one point, then completely fell apart.
This will be a Super Bowl first, playing with no crowds in the stands. Any other year, people pay stupid money just to be in the stadium.
And to have a seat on the 50 yard line... phew!

Some years the game doesn’t matter. Sometimes the halftime show is a dud. The commercials are usually better than the game.
Especially Doritos.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After all of these years, there are still two Super Bowl commercials in particular that are always fresh in my memory: Denny's Nannerpus commercial, and Snicker's Danny Trejo as Marcia Brady commercial.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not reading anything about the Olympics being cancelled, and it’s just reports.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. . . .

Concerts: canceled
Conventions: canceled
Public events: canceled
The friggin' Olympics: canceled
Super Bowl: it's on like Donkey Kong
Well you can thank President Biden for that. I mean, he ran on having this great plan of curing the virus. Must be working, whatever he's doing.

What is he doing regarding the virus, anyway?

Let's see.

Over the weekend he said there is little we can do to stop the trajectory of the virus.
Over the weekend he put a travel ban on 30 countries. I'm old enough to remember when President Trump was called a racist for doing this.

President Trump was blamed for the deaths of 400,000 Americans for his actions regarding the virus. So far, President Biden really hasn't done anything more than President Trump.

Maybe I'm missing something.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
He literally just came in though?

Also, the thing with Trump is it doesn’t exactly help that he was constantly spreading out poor information like saying the virus is a hoax, not to wear a mask, and even straight up saying drink bleach to cure the virus. He also continued going on numerous golf trips as this virus continued to spread, basically acting like nothing was going on. And he and many of his family members eventually got the virus.

The travel ban thing on the other hand is just the media giving Joe Biden a democrat pass like always.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, here’s where there’s a conflict.
The most famous case (when was that? April?)
The woman gave fish tank cleaner, then ingested it herself. Her husband died, she needed her stomach pumped.

Before we say Trump is to blame, we have to get past this first.

The woman was a registered Democrat. Hates Trump as much as you and Snowthy. Doesn’t support him, doesn’t believe him, would never give any credence to anything that comes out of his mouth.

So here’s what you need to get past. If you’re a Never Trumper, and would not take anything he says seriously, and being you’re of sound mind, what would possess you to drink poison?

Trump said so? But you don’t believe in him.
Hence the conflict.

I wouldn’t take anything either without the recommendation of my doctor. That’s common sense, right?

Next case.