COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
remote learning doesn't work. and having seen how last year's shut downs affected students, it's quite disheartening. i have middle school kids who dont even know what a noun is. i really fear for these kids, because they are not learning anything, and many just see it as a holiday where they dont need to do anything, and parents arent forcing them to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i have middle school kids who dont even know what a noun is.
Hey, I see a lot of college-aged kids who don't know that a dozen is twelve, or even people my age who don't know that a couple is two . . . and is there anybody left in the English language that knows the word "Definitely" is not spelled "Defiantly"?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I think that the public schools in NYC should’ve just stayed closed and never reopened.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The U.S.-Canada border closure for COVID expires Saturday — will it actually reopen

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Supposedly, our mask mandate (the one that was never really enforced to begin with) is set to expire at the end of the month, but they're talking about renewing it again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is actually true. Now that the human race has been exposed to it, we'll be dealing with it forever, much like other seasonal illness . . . till the end of time, it will continue to come and go in waves and surges. We can only hope for effective vaccines, or other miracles of modern medical science to help improve the mortality rate.