COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

MWoO

Reaction score
Basically just stay the **** indoors unless you absolutely have to go outside
Hard to do that when many Americans have jobs that require them to work with the public. Retail workers food service industry workers, etc. And these same workers cant afford to just not come to work.

This is a virus that will primarily affect the lower class.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s where I was coming with the “absolutely have to” part; if you’re required to step out and go to your job.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hard to do that when many Americans have jobs that require them to work with the public. Retail workers food service industry workers, etc. And these same workers cant afford to just not come to work.

This is a virus that will primarily affect the lower class.
That's right. No matter how dark things get, just keep pulling the shades down.

Any Del

Reaction score
Heard a rumor one of the students at my campus had it. It was a girl and the school hasn't heard from her since Friday. The whole campus is still open but in person classes are canceled until the end of the semester. Now the campus is going to do online classes instead.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Tom Hanks is now probably the first celebrity to contract it.
I’ve seen virus outbreaks before, but this one has been fed by panic and fear like no other.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You've got to go to the Lonesome Valley.

Nobody else can go for you.

datman24

Reaction score
One person in my town has it, and now all public schools have been cancelled for the remainder of the week (and possibly even longer).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*drags hands down face*

Im so tired of the mass panic the news is intentionally causing.

1. It's not the bubonic plague
2. The actual issue isnt the virus itself. It's the fear that once someone has it, it could turn into something worse like pneumonia
3. The virus in itself is NOT deadly at all
4. The people who can be seriously negatively effected by it are people with weak immune systems/compromised immune systems, and the elderly. A normal healthy person will experience typical flu symptoms until it runs it course
5. the reason for these mass closings is to prevent the very low number of people that it could be dangerous to from getting it until a vaccine is made

but the news conviently leaves a lot of that out and just talks about how fast it spreads and how its an 'epidemic'

Hey, you know, epidemic does not mean what people think it means. it just means something is widespread. you know what else can be considered an epidemic? the flu. the word epidemic itself strikes fear into people when it really shouldnt. i think people have this false assumption that epidemic means lots of people are dying or something when thats not what it means at all

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
*drags hands down face*

Im so tired of the mass panic the news is intentionally causing.

1. It's not the bubonic plague
2. The actual issue isnt the virus itself. It's the fear that once someone has it, it could turn into something worse like pneumonia
3. The virus in itself is NOT deadly at all
4. The people who can be seriously negatively effected by it are people with weak immune systems/compromised immune systems, and the elderly. A normal healthy person will experience typical flu symptoms until it runs it course
5. the reason for these mass closings is to prevent the very low number of people that it could be dangerous to from getting it until a vaccine is made

but the news conviently leaves a lot of that out and just talks about how fast it spreads and how its an 'epidemic'

Hey, you know, epidemic does not mean what people think it means. it just means something is widespread. you know what else can be considered an epidemic? the flu. the word epidemic itself strikes fear into people when it really shouldnt. i think people have this false assumption that epidemic means lots of people are dying or something when thats not what it means at all
Sarge, you’re a sight for sore eyes.
I totally agree the scope of this virus is being blown out of proportion.
Common sense, washing your hands and keep your house clean is the best you can do. If you have to go out in public, take precautions.
But no. Let’s cause a panic and see what happens.
Now, as of Sunday, all Disney parks all over the world will close. They’ll pay the employees for as long as the parks remain closed.
You are so right. This ain’t no plague.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not an epidemic anymore, it's a pandemic, because it has spread all over the world - it's on every continent (except Antarctica, obviously).