COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If there’s anyone on here who would be prone to catching the virus, it would be me. For my age, being diabetic, my resistance ain’t what it used to be, but I’m not panicking.
I’m not easily swayed by fear.

it’s the same hysteria we face up here every time it looks like snow is coming. The stores are cleaned out of milk, bread, andeggs. Everybody is gonna stay in and make French toast!

The sun is still gonna come up tomorrow, and it’s still gonna go down tomorrow night. And then it will come up the next day. Get it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The sun is still gonna come up tomorrow, and it’s still gonna go down tomorrow night. And then it will come up the next day. Get it?
If I may add a Biblical perspective to your closing remarks, we're never promised a tomorrow, in a sense, we pretty much should live each day like it's our last, because nobody - not even Jesus Himself - knows when the world will end, and it could happen when we least expect it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If I may add a Biblical perspective to your closing remarks, we're never promised a tomorrow, in a sense, we pretty much should live each day like it's our last, because nobody - not even Jesus Himself - knows when the world will end, and it could happen when we least expect it.
That’s true, but I don’t think it’s the end just yet. And if it is, I’m ready to go. If I see tomorrow, I’ll still live it like today. I have been given a great gift of life and I don’t plan on wasting it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So just check the recent news on google to see what I’m talking about. So it looks like this virus could go on for 8 weeks or more. :sigh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As in if you actually get the virus? ****. So far, I've only heard about quarantines lasting anywhere from 14 to 30 days . . . eight weeks is two freakin' months!

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
it takes 14 days for symptoms to come iirc. All of the schools around here are closed until april 20th.
God ****.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
it takes 14 days for symptoms to come iirc. All of the schools around here are closed until april 20th.
God ****.
forgot to say something real quick, yknow the last time disney was closed? that was 9/11, and it opened the next day. Its closed for the rest of the month now.

MWoO

Reaction score
Honestly, for healthy people not at risk there is virtually no chance of death if you get it. It's basically a flu. It also does not appear to be airborne, so if you are careful you can avoid it. I see people wearing gloves in public and wearing masks as well.... neither of which actually helps you from getting it. The masks do not stop you from getting infected, but they do help you from spreading it. Problem is people are not using them that way. Gloves can actually keep people from washing their hands more frequently and help spread contamination as they freely touch anything and everything. If you touch something with a gloved hand and then touch your face, it's the same as if you didn't have a glove.

The only people that really need to be on guard are the elderly and those people that already have respiratory issues. Everyone else should just use the normal precautions you would use to avoid the flu. Wash your hands properly, don't touch your face, and stay away from sick people. I really think that most of this panic is artificial and being pushed by the media. That isn't to say we should not be careful, but it isn't the end of the world so many people make it out to be.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
Honestly, for healthy people not at risk there is virtually no chance of death if you get it. It's basically a flu. It also does not appear to be airborne, so if you are careful you can avoid it. I see people wearing gloves in public and wearing masks as well.... neither of which actually helps you from getting it. The masks do not stop you from getting infected, but they do help you from spreading it. Problem is people are not using them that way. Gloves can actually keep people from washing their hands more frequently and help spread contamination as they freely touch anything and everything. If you touch something with a gloved hand and then touch your face, it's the same as if you didn't have a glove.

The only people that really need to be on guard are the elderly and those people that already have respiratory issues. Everyone else should just use the normal precautions you would use to avoid the flu. Wash your hands properly, don't touch your face, and stay away from sick people. I really think that most of this panic is artificial and being pushed by the media. That isn't to say we should not be careful, but it isn't the end of the world so many people make it out to be.
everyone should be on gaurd. It spreads very fast, and symptoms dont come for 14 days. you could have it and not know and infect someone more at risk.

MWoO

Reaction score
Being on guard and being careful are 2 different things. Those at high risk should be on guard. Those who live with people at risk should be on guard. Everyone else should just be careful and go about their day.

This disease does not warrant the panic that has happened. Stop buying all the freaking toilet paper.