COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Don't forget the protests all over the country where people are definitely less than 6 feet apart.
Exactly I said that a few posts back. It seems like the media is just saying screw it because they support the protests and riots.

MWoO

Reaction score
The US has as many new cases per day this past week as we had at the end of March when the shut downs started. So either there was no need to shut down, or we should shut down again soon due to riots and protests increasing the spread.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The thing that got me uptight was that originally houses of worship were not considered essential services, but licquor stores and marijuana dispensaries are.
Our church is finally opening Father’s Day. If our mayor or governor renegs on their agreement, they’ll have another riot on their hands.

As for all the riots all over New York, neither DeBlasio or Cuomo lifted a finger to stop it. Eh, thousands in the streets burning stores down, hey, protesters. Social distancing be darned.
Same with our governor Murphy. Two weeks ago, if you dare go outside, you’re gonna kill Grandma. Once the rioting started, oh, they’re just peaceful protesters.
Sorry. Peaceful protesters don’t burn and loot.
So if Covid cases spike again, there are at least two governors to thank.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
The US has as many new cases per day this past week as we had at the end of March when the shut downs started. So either there was no need to shut down, or we should shut down again soon due to riots and protests increasing the spread.
Exactly. The Wisconsin Supreme Court overruled Governor Evers stay at home order 3 weeks ago. Businesses opened up immediately with common sense measures. You would think that the infections would have exploded. Since then, however, the percentage of positive cases has steadily dropped. And on Sunday they reported the first day without any COVID deaths since mid March. With the protests going on for almost a week now you'd see at least a small uptick in new cases by now. Even more so in the next 3-4 days. Hasn't happened yet.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well there was 2 days straight when 30,000 new cases were reported for the nation. 60,000 in 2 days may have been from the protests.

But it's ok. I saw a screen shot of a news cast, don't recall what state, that said due to Covid-19 indoor or outdoor social gatherings are limited to 12 or less, but protests are limited to 100.... because a virus cares about why you are gathered? Either it's safe to have gatherings of 100 or more or it isn't. You can't tell me that guideline is not politically motivated. I'm not even allowed to eat lunch with someone at work without getting written up, but protests up to 100 are super safe from Covid-19.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The good news is that my dad is going back to working 5 days next week.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well there was 2 days straight when 30,000 new cases were reported for the nation. 60,000 in 2 days may have been from the protests.

But it's ok. I saw a screen shot of a news cast, don't recall what state, that said due to Covid-19 indoor or outdoor social gatherings are limited to 12 or less, but protests are limited to 100.... because a virus cares about why you are gathered? Either it's safe to have gatherings of 100 or more or it isn't. You can't tell me that guideline is not politically motivated. I'm not even allowed to eat lunch with someone at work without getting written up, but protests up to 100 are super safe from Covid-19.
It’s been outrageous the protests are allowed, (sure, just try not to burn anything down, m’kay?) but for law-abiding people, like @MWoO, the slightest indiscretion can bring draconian measures. It wasn’t that long ago not wearing a mask could get you arrested. I remember the guy in Philadelphia who didn’t wear a mask got thrown off a bus (but not under).

cjd874

Reaction score
Welp...I did it. I made it through 3 months of online teaching to my elementary band students! Time to kick back and relax.

(Although there's no confirmed plan for reopening schools just yet...but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. That's the state's decision, not mine.)