COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

MWoO

Reaction score
From what I gather, Southern schools ending and starting earlier is a carry over from when children were needed as farm labor. I suppose the same can hold true today.

NYC has canceled the spring break for kids. Seems a bit messed up not to give families a bit of a break, but I guess it is because there was about a week break between the schools physically closing and the online classes being set up.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm surprised that my state hasn't announced that they're closing schools yet.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, Fox is not trustworthy, and Trump himself is a liar.

So, unless somebody with some more credibility has something to say about this, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I mean this is the same nut who said the virus would disappear by April when the weather warmed up . . . well, it's April, and the weather's been warm, but the virus shows no sign of disappearing any time soon.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Again, Fox is not trustworthy, and Trump himself is a liar.

So, unless somebody with some more credibility has something to say about this, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
OK, we get it. You don't like FOX. Fine. But then quit being so ####### lazy and do some further research from your news sources that you trust. It's widely reported that the peak number of deaths in the U.S. based on modeling (particularly by the University of Washington who's been historically accurate) is expected to be sometime this weekend, probably Sunday. They have also revised their estimated for the number of deaths down from originally between 100,000 to 200,000 down to 90,000 then 82,000 and now just over 60,000 through August. It should be noted that this is for overall numbers in the U.S.. Some regions may peak later. And just because it peaks doesn't mean it will be all over with. Just that we will be on the downside of the curve.

A very quick google search (you do know how to use google, right?) provides countless results.

Here's one that reports that it is actually expected to peak today.

Is CNN good enough for you?

I'm so tired of you being intentionally obtuse when it doesn't fit your political hatred. Every once in awhile you have some informative posts. But, good God, if it doesn't fit your political hatred, you are just intolerable.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I will be honest. I actually looked up on google what Trump said and could only find fox as a result. While I won’t dismiss it off as fake news, at the same time I wasn’t even sure what to make of that as I literally could find no other report on that other than fox. If anyone has any other reports from other sources, please provide some links as I’d love to see them.

EDIT: never mind, saw the CNN link.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My grandmother had fox news on a few days ago...and even fox was saying to not trust the media because all its doing is spreading panic.
Fox...of all places...was calling themselves out lol

im not trying to make a point or anything i just thought it was funny and should share since we're on the topic

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean in the end, as biased/fake as they can be, there are times I do appreciate what they report. A good example is a college student who was falsely accused of rape in 2016 who finally got to clear his name in 2018 after the accuser confessed the truth (and unfortunately only received one year in prison).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The prestiguous Vanderbilt University is predicting that my state won't see it's peak of the COVID-19 outbreak until June. :frown: