COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's freaking early. Our district voted to truncate our April break, so instead of a full week off it's just today through Monday. We'll go back on Tuesday, and then finish out the year probably between June 3-10.
If you ask me, June is freaking late. :stick_out_tongue:
And yet again these articles are proving what I've been saying about we all just need to be exposed to it to build up immunity. Who'da thunk it? :smirk:
The thing of it is, that may be the quick and easy way out, but it's deadliest and most costly way. Already, countless numbers of lives have been lost to the virus, and the point of trying to flatten to curve is not only to prevent as many deaths and slow the spread of the virus as much as possible to save lives, but it's also to keep hospitals and E.R.s across the country from becoming so overrun with COVID-19 patients to the point that our entire American healthcare system will collapse. Carrying on with our lives as we normally would runs the strong risk of the curve actually spiking to new heights because of those very risks.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The thing of it is, that may be the quick and easy way out, but it's deadliest and most costly way. Already, countless numbers of lives have been lost to the virus, and the point of trying to flatten to curve is not only to prevent as many deaths and slow the spread of the virus as much as possible to save lives, but it's also to keep hospitals and E.R.s across the country from becoming so overrun with COVID-19 patients to the point that our entire American healthcare system will collapse. Carrying on with our lives as we normally would runs the strong risk of the curve actually spiking to new heights because of those very risks.
Except not really. Notice how news stations arent giving exact numbers on deaths? And you gotta remember that people are hospitalized for other things beside the virus. We don't know how many people are truly being hospitalized because of the virus, or something else. We also don't know how many hospitals are citing the cause of death as the virus when it's really not (like what happened to a friend's relative). There has to be a reason that the US has a higher death rate than most places, and I'm not buying that its because we're not social distancing ourselves the way we should be. Hospitals are sadly some of the first places to get funds cut, and it wouldnt surprise me if hospitals are taking advantage of this to get funds that they desperately need in general. Hospitals just dont have the funds to treat a lot of people, regardless of what they're in for.

And once all these restrictions are lifted, we're gonna be right back to square one because no one had a chance to become immune to it.

Numbers seem scary when the whole context isnt put into place
the US has over 300 million people alone. the total number of people who have been confirmed to have the virus is only around 500,000. That's next to nothing when you really think about it

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And yet again these articles are proving what I've been saying about we all just need to be exposed to it to build up immunity. Who'da thunk it? :smirk:
Yes we do. I don't think anyone is arguing that really. That's the way out of it before a vaccine is developed. But it needs to be controlled or we'll end up with situations like New York or Italy where the healthcare system was overwhelmed.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If you ask me, June is freaking late. :stick_out_tongue:
D'Snowth gets it. Listen to the man.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So clothing and electronics are considered non essential, but licquor stores are still open.
Can’t get a computer part, but you can still get drunk.
Don't forget, this is what the hot-button political issue was a few years ago: not abortion, not term limits, not taxes . . . selling wine. Gotta get them priorities straight!

cjd874

Reaction score
Don't forget, this is what the hot-button political issue was a few years ago: not abortion, not term limits, not taxes . . . selling wine. Gotta get them priorities straight!
Selling wine is what makes America great, right? :smirk:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
That's freaking early. Our district voted to truncate our April break, so instead of a full week off it's just today through Monday. We'll go back on Tuesday, and then finish out the year probably between June 3-10.
****, my school system usually gets out mid-May, but due to the virus, online learning will go until May 1. Summer starts incredibly early this year haha!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Up here, the public schools are still scheduled to open their school year the Wednesday after Labor Day, and end sometime mid-June. A week off between Christmas and New Year’s, a week in February, a week in April. Then tack on any snow days at the end. As long as it’s 180 school days.

I understand schools down South start/end earlier. For some reason, the Catholic schools up here have the same schedule as Southern schools, running August through May.

As for selling wine, I’m for it. Make America Grape Again.