COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I really the only one who can actually understand why people are hoarding toilet paper? I mean, think about this: people are being urged to stay home as much as possible, and in that case (and depending on how many people are living in the home), what's one thing you're going to run out of quickly?

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
It's official. Today the World Health Organization has declared a global pandemic due to the continued spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus.

This is a thread for discussing Covid-19 news, updates and how it's affecting you and those you love. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone during this unprecedented time.
It really stinks this is happening my thoughts and prayers are with everyone during this very difficult time. My college is closed for 2 weeks. This has really impacted everyone really hard. I pray to God everyday that things will get better.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m amazed Sesame is addressing the virus so quickly. Sometimes it takes a while before a topic is presented on a show.
In recent years, I admired the idea they were going to have a character or Muppet that had a parent in jail. That’s pretty radical. I ‘m not sure if that ever came to pass. Having a parent deployed in the military was relevant too. But Sesame has always covered ground no other children’s show would. With the exception of Mr. Rogers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bad news for germophobes: stores will no longer be stocking and supplying hand sanitizer until after May, because all shipments are being redirected to hospitals.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You can grab some sanitizer from your local bank. I was there on Saturday and thought,”No wonder the stores ran out!”
Dirty money.💩

Katzi428

Reaction score
Do you mind if I say something about this? (I already told 2 people but I'm wondering what anyone would others would say ) :
My family & I had planned a special party for my mom's 75th birthday . But because of this stupid virus, our plans are all down the tubes. . We were going to have my mother's friends come , my brothers , their families , & 2 of my aunts! But because of CORONA being SO darn contagious and lethal , the surprise party that we planned for months has been kiboshed! (why do I have the feeling that none of you care??):rolleyes:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I care lol, but I'd say you definitely made the right call. 👍 That's the unfortunate reality.

Any Del

Reaction score
Trust me @Katzi428 I feel your frustration. I don't like this pandemic either but there's not a whole lot we could do about it but just continue avoiding physical interaction and only go outside when it's necessary...