COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

cjd874

Reaction score
No, I get that. I mean, I do find it is good to add a little humor in a serious situation if it’s not outright attacking anyone. If any rate, I am hopeful it won’t last for so long, and if it does, it should at least die down slowly month by month. But we’ll see.....
I hope it dies down quickly too...but we don't know which way the pendulum is gonna swing with COVID-19, so I think it's best to do things in small chunks without breaking off more than we should chew. That's how I teach my students, and I think more adults should try that as well. It's worked wonders for me.

Honestly though, I do think that this pandemic will be a MAJOR factor in the election. If the majority of American voters (especially those in the swing states) think that Trump royally screwed things up with COVID-19, then he's not gonna get re-elected. This is a bipartisan issue, with human lives at stake...doesn't matter if you vote red or vote blue. Both parties need to set their issues aside and work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes I know But Here in New Jersey it's over a 100 I just they have a vaccine in the works
Jersey City? My family is from Newark!
We’re in the same boat.
Actually, they’re rushing to get a vaccine ready. At least it’s faster to get a test done, since those will be more readily available.
I know in New Jersey Quest Diagnostics have testing sites all over the state. So that’s not a problem.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If any country will have any blowback from this it’s China. Depending on how severe it gets, somewhere down the line they might be forced to make some kind of reparations. But that’s for another day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I missed this during the press conference, but I mean . . . gee. . . .

REPORTER: Mr. President, how would you rate how you've handled the outbreak on a scale from 1 to 10?
TRUMP: A 10, I would say that I've done a really good job.

That was pretty pointless to ask.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Doesn't help that now people are instilling even more fear into the public that as a result of the virus, crime rates will sky-rocket, and people will be breaking into other people's homes and pilfering whatever they can get their hands on because they'll be so desperate for food and supplies and such.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Had a meeting today with someone with inside information on the response to the COVID-19 health crisis. He said this will be the worst crisis our country has ever seen and it should be treated like we are in a war. He said it is much worse than people realize and will last much longer as well, probably well in to the fall. We need to take this very very seriously. If we do not slow down the spread of this virus we will lose the entire older generation. Completely wiped out. Take this seriously when the government and the CDC tells you to stay home. Go to work, stop at the grocery store or pharmacy, but that is it. No unnecessary trips. No stopping to shop for clothes. No stopping for a drink after work. No stopping at the gymnasium. No going to the movies or out to eat. STAY HOME! Even if you think you are young and healthy and not at risk, you are a potential carrier. Symptoms do not show up for 14 days so you could unknowingly infect someone at great risk. Anyone over the age of 65 should not leave the home. I left that meeting feeling worse than I did after 9-11. Very very sobering. Cannot say this enough. DO NOT GO OUT IN PUBLIC OTHER THAN WHAT IS NECESSARY!!! Help control the spread of Covid-19 by staying in. We are headed to a government ordered shutdown of the country. The only business that will remain open are grocery stores, pharmacies, and financial institutions.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My work closed for two weeks after the Pennsylvania governor called a state shutdown. Now I just hope I don’t get sick and none of my family members either

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just now saw this pop up on YouTube:

Okay, I get that YouTube is trying to look out for their employees as well . . . but they're basically using the coronavirus as an excuse to just start deleting random videos without justification?