Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

Any Del

Reaction score
I hope CN release an official Soundtrack to the show. I really enjoyed the music!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Some entries are pretty obvious like King Ramses and Demon in the Mattress, but eh, whatever. They don't even pronounce Eustace's name right.
Yep, that's 'cause Watch Mojo doesn't actually care about what they're doing. They make top 10 lists of literally ever topic under the sun to see what sticks and gets the most views.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honestly, the only genuine scare I got from Courage was the episode "Windmill Vandals." I consider that the show's scariest episode: this demonic, skeleton vandals on their skeleton horses arriving whenever the windmill stops turning, chopping off Courage, Muriel, and Eust-***'s heads - not to mention the blood red color scheme of the episode helped contribute to its unsettling nature.

Other than that, I disagree with pretty much the entire list. "A Night at the Katz Motel," "Heads of Beef," and "The Mask" are among some of my favorite episodes. In fact, as gutsy as "The Mask" was, it really makes me wonder what kind of direction the show would have continued to go in if CN green-lit a fifth season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And that reminds me . . . was I the only one who wasn't scared of King Ramses, but rather, thought he was actually pretty cool? I mean, how often back in those days did you see a CGI character blended into a 2D animated series? A feature, maybe, but not just a regular little cable cartoon series.

Any Del

Reaction score
The only episodes that scared me as a kid were King Ramses and Freaky Fred. Right now I'm not scared of thoses anymore.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yep, that's 'cause Watch Mojo doesn't actually care about what they're doing. They make top 10 lists of literally ever topic under the sun to see what sticks and gets the most views.
Well, they are one of the biggest channels on YouTube with a whopping 19 million subs, so I guess they feel privileged to put up as many Top 10s as they can to keep up their status. Not that I really like them over other channels, even though I kind of like to check out WM's lists for the heck of it, but this one was not really surprising. That other one with over 6 million views is better. (Although that one left out "A Night at the Katz Motel" and it got just a brief mention in favor of CITBSC. The former is quite scary and worthy enough IMO.)

And that reminds me . . . was I the only one who wasn't scared of King Ramses, but rather, thought he was actually pretty cool? I mean, how often back in those days did you see a CGI character blended into a 2D animated series? A feature, maybe, but not just a regular little cable cartoon series.
You're absolutely not, dude. I didn't get very scared of him either for some reason - maybe the CGI animation like you mentioned was interesting enough to shy away the nightmare fuel, or maybe it was his shape? IDK, but I don't recall getting scared of it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can't even remember the last time I watched a WatchMojo video. Does anybody even care about them anymore?
I stopped watching them after how biased they've become.

The last one I ever remember watching was "top 10 worst anime dubs" and they already made me sour when they put in the 4kids dub for Yu-Gi-Oh. :mad: :grr:

Any Del

Reaction score
@D'Snowth @Schfifty

Just your opinions,

Did anyone of you dislike the shortage of Courage's dialouge from the later seasons? Like back in Season 1 he used to speak fluent English often but from Seasons 2 and onward he now speaks only gibberish. I miss hearing him speak. It was hilarious.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes! That was so frustrating how Courage was reduced to almost always babbling incoherently, and whatever dialogue he did have in those seasons were exclusively button one-liners, or stock aside comments ("The things I do for love"). I mean, he's the main character, it's his show, it seems like it would make sense that we understand what he's trying to say or express.

It also doesn't help that there's different explanations for why Courage's dialogue was reduced: Dilworth says it was because he felt the true intimacy of family goes beyond spoken words (in other words, he wanted Courage to be more of an emotive character); Cartoon Network says it was because they felt Courage talked too much and they wanted him to shut up.