Commercial rant time...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching an old tape from 2003 last night, and this atrocity from the past came back to haunt me:

The acting is hammier than the gross artificial ham they're hawking. The only people who get this excited over spam are soldiers on a C-rations-only diet.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
the furniture commercial, where the mom who is pregnant, is sitting on the couch, while her two boys are running around the living room, and she keeps saying please be a girl, like that would make a difference.it makes no difference if it's boy or girl, she would be running around too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it's because it's an age-old stigma that girls, in general, are the kinder, gentler, sweeter sex, so she's probably thinking one less boy running around and causing mayhem will be a sigh of relief.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I think it's because it's an age-old stigma that girls, in general, are the kinder, gentler, sweeter sex, so she's probably thinking one less boy running around and causing mayhem will be a sigh of relief.
well, from experience of once being a little girl myself, girls can cause just as much mayhem, as boys, like picking on each other, and chasing each other around the house, writing on walls with crayons,and taking things that is not theirs, and breaking things. me and my sisters broke plenty of things when we were little girls, like the bathroom towel rack, a lamp, a ceramic lion, and other things, so boys and girls are even, when causing mayhem.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can attest to that from the times I've had to babysit my bratty niece when she was growing up. But like I said, it's an age-old stigma.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does the fact that Domino's is now offering up company stocks to people seem more-or-less like they've finally dropped to such a level of desperation that they're practically trying to bribe people into being customers?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This really isn't so much a rant (really, it isn't), but I just really can't figure out who these LetGo commercials are supposed to be aimed at, and they're all the same: one person has an item they don't want to part with, a friend sells it for them on LetGo, and some random passerby immediately takes it. Who is all of this aimed at? People who need to sell off their sentimental treasures that their friends think they need to get rid of to make a quick buck? Or people who are looking for something they want to buy that someone might be getting rid of?

And why are the situations that the person not wanting to part with their items are in always life or death? The guy sinking into quick sand with his beer cooler, the guy dangling off a cliff with his bowling ball, the mom about to be sucked into a tornado with her daughter's old rocking horse? Are they suggesting that holding onto something for sentimental value may possibly be the death of you?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are parents today incredibly lax and desensitized or what?

I mean if I tracked mud in the house like that little girl did with that frog, my parents certainly wouldn't just smile and shake their heads and shrug it off while mopping it up - I would have been grounded and probably even gotten a spanking. Or the kid who keeps spilling everything and the parents just clean up after him with paper towels? Yeah, my parents would have made me clean up the messes myself, and depending on how frequent the messes were, I'm sure they would have done something to punish me to get their message across.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The bounty commercial with the frog I found just kind of silly. If anything I would have shooed that thing out of my house.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You know what commercials I can't stand?

• The Meso Book ad
  • Flex Tape
  • Consumer Cellular
  • Kars For Kids
  • Liberty Mutual