Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Muzzarino

Reaction score
It's for the specific variation of the segment, without the frame skipping that only appears on old PBS airings that no longer appear on the channel including where you recorded a clip from the Mysterious Cookie Hood episode which contains this making it hard to find these days. Most 2012 DVD releases that also include the old episodes with it, and HBO Max have chances they'll be in 30p to 24p which would rarely have the bobbed version. I even checked The Cookie Thief DVD to see if that one was included, but it instead included the pre-deinterlaced variant. The one from the director's Vimeo profile where I tested the downloaded video on VLC Media Player properly deinterlaced it to any of the doublers Bob, Linear, and Yadif (the frame separating method). Anyways, the music video is common on it's overall appearances.
I think I prefer the other version (on SST’s official channel; however many FPS there are).
This one can't be deinterlaced properly with any player, because of how it's encoded, and this one's 29.97fps there as well, especially the full The Mysterious Cookie Thief episode on their channel is the same on The Cookie Thief episodes included as a featurette if you compare the original interlaced one using a media player that has support for bob/doubled frame rate output attached on my last post with those one's on their channel. Surprisingly enough, the raw and full interlaced segment from the director's Vimeo profile is deinterlace-able to any algorithm (i.e. bob).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Missed when episode 2030 was uploaded a few months ago (or I probably forgot the episode number for that one).

The library scenes are interesting, in that it's probably the most Bruno spoke in full sentences (though they are all the same basic sentence - "No no no, I want to hear the story"). I thought he sounded a bit different in one of the "Hooper's Store gets rebuilt" episodes, listening to him here, he does sound more like that as well as how he did in other appearances (where his dialogue was often more brief).

Also interesting, when the kids vote, they all raise their hands but of course Bruno does not, but then when they ask to vote for who wants the grouch version of Snow White, Oscar asks Bruno to raise his hand. With his hands attached to the trash can, he couldn't raise his hand, but I feel they could have had his left hand unattached while Caroll had just his left hand in Oscar, Bruno was sitting so he could realistically let go of one handle without it looking odd, and would have been a solution to making him talk (though I am thankful for the rare talking appearance), having him raise his hand when everyone is asked to vote for the regular version.

Is it just me, or does Bruno have an extra invisible wire attached to his mouth in that one? There's a few quick frames where I feel I see an extra wire (or maybe the wire goes through the mouth and connects down in this one), maybe it's just some lighting or something else. With him doing a bit of talking there (as opposed to one or two words as usual), perhaps they needed an extra piece of wire attached.

While it wouldn't have been as funny, Bruno could have just placed Oscar's trash can in another part of the library or maybe even outside the building so Oscar wouldn't have to listen to the story while Bruno did. Or Oscar could have asked to get out of his trash can and walk away.

Micky seems Gina-like. If she had stuck around, I wonder if the show would have gotten Gina (past her debut) or if Micky would have ended up staying a long time and getting what Gina eventually got (would she have switched employment from the library to Hooper's Store?). I could see her being the one to start a day care, become a veterinarian, and adopt a child.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Someone was kind enough to put a bunch of episodes of the Sesame podcast into one place:
The animal episode is at 17:28, the birthday episode is at 35:30, the doctor episode is at 52:56, the monster episode is at 1:11:00, and the superhero episode is at 1:29:07. Also one of the episodes that's not on YT yet has a new version of one of my favorite Elmo songs In Your Imagination. Someone took the audio and put it to the footage of the segment:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
No, I’m sorry but Ryan ruined that song for me.
It's not really his fault, Ryan's natural voice is in a tenor range, so because of that, Elmo sings in a higher range than he did when Kevin played him. They should have changed the instrumental track to fit Ryan's key better. I still think Ryan is great at singing as Elmo. Just hear his version of It Feels Good When You Sing a Song at Lincoln Center.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
It's not really his fault, Ryan's natural voice is in a tenor range, so because of that, Elmo sings in a higher range than he did when Kevin played him. They should have changed the instrumental track to fit Ryan's key better. I still think Ryan is great at singing as Elmo. Just hear his version of It Feels Good When You Sing a Song at Lincoln Center.
Look...everybody is entitled to their own opinion. You know that there are people out there who prefer the original versions of certain songs over remakes, right?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Look...everybody is entitled to their own opinion. You know that there are people out there who prefer the original versions of certain songs over remakes, right?
I know, but the way Alex phrased it made it sound like he was criticizing Ryan, which I don't think he deserves.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just because I don’t like his Elmo voice doesn’t mean I dislike him completely as a puppeteer. And generally speaking, that’s life with entertainers. You’re going to be judged one way or another.

datman24

Reaction score
Their voices are both equally annoying, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me to as to how they sound. I stilly like the psychedelic visuals, though.