Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Reminds me that I had been toying with the idea of taking some season 30 episodes and making a list of segments I would have liked to have seen if they didn't suddenly have to devote so much time to Elmo's World.
Sounds interesting. If you ever get around to it, I’d love to see what you come up with.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I remember there being a speech balloon skit, "X for X-ray". Does it exist anywhere on YouTube or on any video sharing site?

That segment was shown mostly in the 1970s, I believe - and I don't believe it was aired in the 1980s except in Episode 1755, the repeat of the episode where Oscar launches into space with Othmar, in early 1983.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@minor muppetz I understand with Elmo’s World obviously there’s writing up episode ideas for each segment, but it pretty much has the same forumula so it makes it much easier to determine what to write down for the next new segment. I just meant it in the fact that it feels like season 30 really didn’t have much “new” material other than recurring character segment transitions (which, again, I’m willing to bet were all filmed the same day) and other recurring segments like Monsters in Daycare which I also feel like had the Muppet and kid portions filmed the same day, and then the monster portions all filmed the same day. Maybe I could be reading into that too much, but it really appears that way with the segments listed down on the season 30 segments page (and it feels the same way with the following seasons afterwards).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
@minor muppetz I understand with Elmo’s World obviously there’s writing up episode ideas for each segment, but it pretty much has the same forumula so it makes it much easier to determine what to write down for the next new segment. I just meant it in the fact that it feels like season 30 really didn’t have much “new” material other than recurring character segment transitions (which, again, I’m willing to bet were all filmed the same day) and other recurring segments like Monsters in Daycare which I also feel like had the Muppet and kid portions filmed the same day, and then the monster portions all filmed the same day. Maybe I could be reading into that too much, but it really appears that way with the segments listed down on the season 30 segments page (and it feels the same way with the following seasons afterwards).
It did seem redundant to have Monsters in Day Care and Sesame Street Goes to Day Care, especially whenever Herry Monster was in Sesame Street Goes to Day Care.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I never understood why they had 2 separate segments doing basically the same thing airing simultaneously (3 if you include Ernie’s Show and Tell).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never understood why they had 2 separate segments doing basically the same thing airing simultaneously (3 if you include Ernie’s Show and Tell).
I guess Monsters in Day Care is the most distinctive, as it had Herry visiting children in day care and then goes back to his own monster day care (club house?) to tell them what he learned.

Must have been part of the seasons curriculum to show kids in day care.