Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Benny I always loved and can easily relate to at times, mainly with his short temper.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think there was a reason when season 30 hit they wanted to focus on the classic characters again.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Behind the scenes of Sesame Workshop:

“Hey guys, it’s getting really costly to make new segments each season. What do you guys think we should do?”

“I mean…. We could make an entire recurring segment to take up the last 20 minutes for each new episode….. maybe we could make it dedicated to Elmo since he’s pretty much the new favorite now….”

“Yeah, yeah, perfect! That’s perfect! We’ll call it ‘Elmo’s World!’ The kids will love it and that gives us the excuse to save costs of making new segments!”

datman24

Reaction score
Behind the scenes of Sesame Workshop:

“Hey guys, it’s getting really costly to make new segments each season. What do you guys think we should do?”

“I mean…. We could make an entire recurring segment to take up the last 20 minutes for each new episode….. maybe we could make it dedicated to Elmo since he’s pretty much the new favorite now….”

“Yeah, yeah, perfect! That’s perfect! We’ll call it ‘Elmo’s World!’ The kids will love it and that gives us the excuse to save costs of making new segments!”
More like how it actually went down:

"Hey, you know that Blue's Clues show that's become pretty popular? Let's do something like that, but have a really annoying host instead."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There’s no doubt I’m sure Elmo’s World tried to compete against something like Blues Clues, but it really feels like by season 30 they were trying to cut back on inserts, especially with instances like recurring segments of characters introducing following segments and what have you, which I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they were pretty much all taped on the same day.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Is there a possibility this segment on its own still exists in the vaults? Cause I’m not gonna lie, with how catchy the 80s new wave melody is in this song, I hate the fact that it was completely wasted by not being released on the main show and I’d love it if it ever gets an online or physical release (even if the chances likely seem very slim):

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If it exists anywhere in their archives, it's probably in some kind of insert reel. I'd imagine they still have it somewhere.

I sense that the sibling's squabbling and stealing gloves might have been seen as a bad example to set, thus why it didn't air domestically (the foreign shows seem to get away with a little more).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Seems like a pretty cheap reason, but fair. Hopefully one day we’ll be in for a surprise with the workshop with this song.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that was probably more of a joke, but I never thought of adding Elmo's World as a way to save money from new inserts (they do still have to come up with 15 minutes of material for Elmo's World, even though they initially repeated the same one all week). After all, there's several season 30 inserts that did not air until the episodes were rerun (and re-edited) during the summer (many of which never showed up in an original broadcast cut). And over time, there's been more and more inserts produced for the show that have never shown up on the domestic Sesame Street but have shown up internationally (quite a few made it to Play with Me Sesame, some have shown up online with the original English audio).

And even if it was too expensive to do a lot of new inserts, they had 29 seasons worth of existing inserts they could have filled those 15 minutes with. There are a lot of classics that had not been seen since the late-1980s or early-1990s that most likely they just hadn't gotten around to re-airing for years (and maybe they still wouldn't have been shown, I'm not sure if they kept close track of how often segments had aired).

Reminds me that I had been toying with the idea of taking some season 30 episodes and making a list of segments I would have liked to have seen if they didn't suddenly have to devote so much time to Elmo's World.