Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I did notice the giant burger Grover brought in was missing a piece of cheese.

I mean, Jimmy Fallon has had the Muppets on the Tonight Show quite a few times. The Roots have performed the Sesame Street theme in a "Classroom Instruments" segment AND in a "Wheel of Musical Impressions" segment with Adam Levine, so Questlove is familiar with SS and the Muppets for sure.
I'm pretty sure everyone has decent knowledge about the Henson umbrella (Muppets, Sesame Street and even Fraggle Rock), but it isn't just brought up much as people probably see it as kiddie fodder, which is sad cause everyone knows it's way more soulful than most other garbage in existence.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
No idea which pre-Elmo-related thread to post this on, but Spinney's probably gonna be scared out of his heart when he sees this.:eek:

THIS is the monster in the alleged "baby monster wants to know what word IS is" skit. :search: This debunks the "Elmo in 1971-1972" theory!:big_grin::laugh:

cjd874

Reaction score
There's something very, very unsettling about these early Muppet monsters.

I think that one on the far left is Steve D'Monster's long-long, Satanic half-brother, Stove DeMon Ster.
That reminds me of James Earl Jones' quote (which I'm paraphrasing) from his "Favorite Sesame Street Moment" segment: "When Sesame Street was starting, I said that the Muppet monsters would not work because they would frighten children. [the scene cuts to the "C is for Cookie" remake] What did I know? [Jones laughs]"

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
No idea which pre-Elmo-related thread to post this on, but Spinney's probably gonna be scared out of his heart when he sees this.:eek:

THIS is the monster in the alleged "baby monster wants to know what word IS is" skit. :search: This debunks the "Elmo in 1971-1972" theory!:big_grin::laugh:
Steve D’Monster must’ve had a cold hand that day. :laugh:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
So now that the baby monster in these monster family '71-'72 skits was debunked, I bet I can give the WINNER trophy to Jbrangwynne53 for guessing correctly on first hand. ;D

(Applause for Jbrangwynne53)

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I am trying to find the clip which has select cast members trying to assemble a fractured letter B, but I cannot find any on YouTube. Does anybody have a link to it, or is it actually in a full episode which is uploaded?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Yes. The crossover letter building segments.

Now that I think about it, I realized that no video exists on YouTube or anywhere, and that explains the lack of image on an episode guide for a Season 13 episode on Muppet Wiki.

I did, however, find video of the assemblies of the letters A, E, W and the lowercase h. Of those mentioned, I like the lowercase h one the most.