Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As soon as I saw images posted for that episode, I immediately went to the Muppet Wiki facebook page to see if the clip had been posted there, and I predicted correctly. And it's not often that I look at the wiki's Facebook or Twitter page immediately after seeing certain rare images (I'm more likely to know after somebody posts the links on the forums).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
What a hoot! I find it interesting that they had a trajectory for the Elmo character just based on the name and puppet: like they knew he was gonna be a thing, but it was just a matter of time/performers.

Scott, put this clip on YouTube. The world needs to see it, and it will get a bunch of hits.

Is it weird that I find Brian's Elmo to be cuter and less annoying than the Elmo that everyone knows?
I don't find this version of Elmo to be weird or annoying at all -- it's just a different take on the character. The thing is though, it really isn't much of a "voice"; there's no way the character would last in this state.

Edit: Also, why does he come in saying "K" or "que"? Is the character supposed to be Spanish? I know he was originally supposed to communicate using sounds, but this is just something else, literally and figuratively.

You have to wonder how much he was featured in this era; wouldn't the kids be all confused if one episode he talked like this, the next like a caveman and then the following a baby? 🤣 I know the progression wasn't that quick (it probably took a year or two), but it's interesting that they couldn't get away with something like this nowadays. The '80s was the Wild West as the stable were busy with other things.

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I guess you do have a point in that those who care will find it, but don't be surprised if it shows up on YouTube.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
At this point, any new clip that surfaces from MW I’m already expecting to pop up on YouTube from some generic user who will then get called out for it, play the victim card, then take it down, and continue playing the victim card.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You see, Muppet wiki will go out of their way to negotiate into uploading those clips, with the talking it out and the making the deals and using them responsibly and - oh, you know what I’m talking about!

And then they’ll post it up on their social media pages, with the uploading and the processing and the digitizing and - oh, you know what I’m talking about!

And then a Sesame Street brat will take it down and upload it without MW’s consent, with the theft and the ungratefulness and the selfishness and - oh, you know what I’m taking about!

And then PumpkinJ will go out of his way to call them out for it, with the lecturing and the threats and the conversation and - oh, you know what I’m talking about!

And then the uploader will try and play the victim card, with the crying and the whining and the moaning and - oh, you know what I’m talking about!

And finally, he’ll delete the video, with the undoing and the removing and the erasing and - oh, you know what I’m talking about!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I totally read that hearing that imitation voice that Shane can do of the professor from the Simpsons who likes to talk with the saying of the things that sound like he's trying to speak intelligently but he's really not and the voice that he imitates for the talking Santa hat with the red and the white in those videos he used to do with the monster who is green and the blob thing who wasn't exactly all there.