Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Cookie3001

Reaction score
that's one of my favorite SS specials and I have been waiting forever to see it, I never got to see it when it was available and there is one extremely crappy copy on yt, also @hooperfan uploaded some clips from the special

Cookie3001

Reaction score
It seems like we have been getting most of the missing specials this year, before this we got both "Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake" and "Sing-Sesame Street Remembers Joe Raposo and his Music"

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Also, if someone actually threatens that, then they should be called out for how selfish they’re being because they’re clearly just asking for attention when they say this ****, and it also goes against people who actually struggle with suicidal thoughts.
I can think of one person on this very forum (also a YouTuber) who would probably do something like that. For obvious reasons, I won't mention any names on this thread, but he just popped into my mind while reading these comments.
I mean, when you’ve got a significant fanbase of grown teens and adults that are into a show that is geared towards preschoolers, you’re going to have to deal with the few who take their passion and dedication way too seriously to a point where it becomes concerning. I see this a lot in fanbases of other children’s properties where there are a significant amount of fans who are way past the property’s intended target audience. Fortunately, because the Muppets have such a wide appeal, there are those who are sane enough to call out on those who might act out in such ways.
I just personally have a pet peeve with people who feel the need to make up wanting to kill them selves over something as silly as not getting what they want in life because I’ve struggled with suicidal thoughts and they’re very frustrating. People who feel the need to joke/lie about it I just have the urge to punch in the face and I have no regrets saying that.
I think die-hard fans who threaten suicide over rare Sesame clips obviously have one problem - it is not just obsession, it is downright addiction. There seems to be a correlation between not getting an addiction fulfilled and suicide threats. News articles over the years have proven such correlation, and some of those suicide threats actually did lead to suicide.

I also agree that anyone who watches the show beyond the target age group obviously has a problem. The very high ratings during the 1970s and 1980s prove it, and no other show would top that during that period. Thankfully, the show's ratings went down afterwards, and I think the exposure of classic segments was what sparked such problems in the 1970s and 1980s. When the classic segments had far less exposure by the 2000s, the viewership went down, but possibly restricted to just the target age group. Adults who were kids in the 1970s and 1980s left the street, possibly because the overexposure of newer segments and far less classic segments turned them away.
True. I've seen some people like this on the Internet before. They always act crazy over something they want so bad of their whole life long. Then other people tell them to calm down and stop what they're doing before they do something they'd probably regret, but then they still have a hard time controlling their behavior and lead up to suicidal thoughts for not getting their way, up to the point where then they'd need medical help. It is just sad.😞
And suicidal thoughts wasn't the only thing I've heard of from people who were greedy/selfish for stuff like this-- There's even people out there who threaten someone else with violence if they didn't give them what they want. I remember seeing this YouTube video of a drunk woman attacking a McDonalds' employee at the Drive-Thru just 'cuz he said they don't sell Chicken McNuggets in the morning before 11:00 a.m. (Seriously, the woman didn't even get the point that the restaurant does not even physically have McNuggets in the food vault during the mornings like this).

:sigh: I get bored and tired of seeing all these ungrateful brats demanding what they demand and wasting up as much of people's time they want to waste up. Even this whole trend of all the ungrateful brats SAYING what they're gonna do to threaten others for all the Sesame Street stuff they want is just creating violence and evil.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
True. I've seen some people like this on the Internet before. They always act crazy over something they want so bad of their whole life long. Then other people tell them to calm down and stop what they're doing before they do something they'd probably regret, but then they still have a hard time controlling their behavior and lead up to suicidal thoughts for not getting their way, up to the point where then they'd need medical help. It is just sad.😞
And suicidal thoughts wasn't the only thing I've heard of from people who were greedy/selfish for stuff like this-- There's even people out there who threaten someone else with violence if they didn't give them what they want. I remember seeing this YouTube video of a drunk woman attacking a McDonalds' employee at the Drive-Thru just 'cuz he said they don't sell Chicken McNuggets in the morning before 11:00 a.m. (Seriously, the woman didn't even get the point that the restaurant does not even physically have McNuggets in the food vault during the mornings like this).

:sigh: I get bored and tired of seeing all these ungrateful brats demanding what they demand and wasting up as much of people's time they want to waste up. Even this whole trend of all the ungrateful brats SAYING what they're gonna do to threaten others for all the Sesame Street stuff they want is just creating violence and evil.
I think people who are extremely obsessed with a certain thing and threaten violence or suicide if he or she didn't get his/her way should have his/her Internet connection shut down and any new subscription to any Internet provider be blocked pronto.

gravy

Reaction score
I think people who are extremely obsessed with a certain thing and threaten violence or suicide if he or she didn't get his/her way should have his/her Internet connection shut down and any new subscription to any Internet provider be blocked pronto.
fair

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I also agree that anyone who watches the show beyond the target age group obviously has a problem. The very high ratings during the 1970s and 1980s prove it, and no other show would top that during that period. Thankfully, the show's ratings went down afterwards, and I think the exposure of classic segments was what sparked such problems in the 1970s and 1980s. When the classic segments had far less exposure by the 2000s, the viewership went down, but possibly restricted to just the target age group. Adults who were kids in the 1970s and 1980s left the street, possibly because the overexposure of newer segments and far less classic segments turned them away.
I wouldn't really say they have a "problem". In case you haven't noticed, the newer episodes are getting reviewed on here by people who are in their 20's. Plus, I don't think it's the lack of classic clips that made the show unwatchable. As the years go by, SS needs to expand and evolve in order to meet the needs of kids for each generation. For example, by the 2000's, I don't think there were any other kiddie shows that were an hour long, so of course it made sense for SS to cut down to half an hour.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not classic clips, per se, but here's video of Chris Cerf and Ivy Austin singing live at a MOMI event yesterday:

(That's Paul Rudolph on bongos)
OMG! This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing! It's so good to hear their voices again, and Stand By Your Can is one of my favorite songs from the whole show!