Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I think a simple “Please refrain from posting clips that Muppet wiki posts on their social media pages. They go out of their way to make negotiable deals to use these clips and would appreciate if you didn’t steal their clips without their consent” would work fine.
And that's exactly what I meant. If they only do it once, that's fine, but if it becomes a constant habit, then yeah, it's definitely a big issue.

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I just can't imagine, but what if someone else out there steals and reposts MuppetWiki's stuff all over the Internet as a scam and saying he's threatening suicide if nobody gives him anymore clips from MuppetWiki's possessions?
😐

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also, if someone actually threatens that, then they should be called out for how selfish they’re being because they’re clearly just asking for attention when they say this ****, and it also goes against people who actually struggle with suicidal thoughts.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I just can't imagine, but what if someone else out there steals and reposts MuppetWiki's stuff all over the Internet as a scam and saying he's threatening suicide if nobody gives him anymore clips from MuppetWiki's possessions?
Also, if someone actually threatens that, then they should be called out for how selfish they’re being because they’re clearly just asking for attention when they say this ****, and it also goes against people who actually struggle with suicidal thoughts.
I can think of one person on this very forum (also a YouTuber) who would probably do something like that. For obvious reasons, I won't mention any names on this thread, but he just popped into my mind while reading these comments.

Last edited:

datman24

Reaction score
I mean, when you’ve got a significant fanbase of grown teens and adults that are into a show that is geared towards preschoolers, you’re going to have to deal with the few who take their passion and dedication way too seriously to a point where it becomes concerning. I see this a lot in fanbases of other children’s properties where there are a significant amount of fans who are way past the property’s intended target audience. Fortunately, because the Muppets have such a wide appeal, there are those who are sane enough to call out on those who might act out in such ways.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just personally have a pet peeve with people who feel the need to make up wanting to kill them selves over something as silly as not getting what they want in life because I’ve struggled with suicidal thoughts and they’re very frustrating. People who feel the need to joke/lie about it I just have the urge to punch in the face and I have no regrets saying that.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think die-hard fans who threaten suicide over rare Sesame clips obviously have one problem - it is not just obsession, it is downright addiction. There seems to be a correlation between not getting an addiction fulfilled and suicide threats. News articles over the years have proven such correlation, and some of those suicide threats actually did lead to suicide.

I also agree that anyone who watches the show beyond the target age group obviously has a problem. The very high ratings during the 1970s and 1980s prove it, and no other show would top that during that period. Thankfully, the show's ratings went down afterwards, and I think the exposure of classic segments was what sparked such problems in the 1970s and 1980s. When the classic segments had far less exposure by the 2000s, the viewership went down, but possibly restricted to just the target age group. Adults who were kids in the 1970s and 1980s left the street, possibly because the overexposure of newer segments and far less classic segments turned them away.