Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
To be anal, that character is actually Kermit the Forg.

Anyway, I love rare looks at transitional periods for characters like this!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about a French accent . . . to me, it just sounds like Telly is speaking in more of a primitive, monster-type manner similar to Cookie or even early Elmo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about a French accent . . . to me, it just sounds like Telly is speaking in more of a primitive, monster-type manner similar to Cookie or even early Elmo.
Listening to it again, it seems the only time it sounds like French dialect is when he says Suzanne's name. Is her name generally French-sounding?

I hope some of Brian Meehl's other season 11 performances as Telly surface soon. It'd be interesting to know if he sounded this way in his first few appearances as an actual character (though it doesn't sound that different from how Meehl would do it) or if he sounded more/exactly the voice we're familiar with.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The whole clip is kinda bizarre... caveman Telly isn't very flexible.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
He posted a screencap for another unseen clip, too.

LOL it looks identical to the MAD song.
Yeah, as predictable as I’m going to sound saying this, I would definitely love to see this skit someday. But alas, this is a clip where we’re going to have to rely on the workshop to post it, and if I’m being honest, I don’t see them posting it anytime soon. Oh well.

On another note - Jerry looks SO WEIRD as a lavender Anything Muppet with his moppy red hair.... then again, we also saw him with black hair once.

Found this at Muppet wiki
I was definitely surprised to see Grover actually got his name in this season.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Yeah, as predictable as I’m going to sound saying this, I would definitely love to see this skit someday. But alas, this is a clip where we’re going to have to rely on the workshop to post it, and if I’m being honest, I don’t see them posting it anytime soon. Oh well.
Yup, @LittleJerry92 is right. We're gonna have to wait on more clips 'til either Sesame Workshop posts 'em on their YouTube channel or MuppetWiki releases some on their social media pages.

To the Muppet Letter tag skits, I noticed THIS skit below IS a letter tag:

And the description for it on Muppet Wiki-- It was labeled as "Grover 'I' tag (0:15)", then when Scarecroe completed the guide for #0218 with images, the description was "Grover scats his way through limbo when he notices a letter I, and then reads it." I correctly predicted about the Letter tag skits. And given these descriptions and how these tags play out, I can be clear that "tag" was an alternate term they used for "insert" in the scripts.

JOKE: Me wanting to know what term "tag" is can BEST be a simile to a Muppet skit from #0168 where Baby Monster wants to know what word "IS" is! XDDDD THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Tag" means it's like a short little thing or like a quick bit reacting to/continuing a previous one.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
so Muppet Wiki gave us some good stuff and to go along with that the SS channel posted this if any of you missed it

Cookie3001

Reaction score
The Muppet Wiki page for Suzanne Farrell includes video links to all of her appearances. Which includes this rarity, "At the Barre".

I'd seen on Scott's page that one script with the sketch lists Herry and Telly while another lists Grover and Herry. When I first saw the segment described in an episode page, it said that it had Grover, Herry, and another monster, which made me suspect that it was Telly, during the transitional period where he was a generic monster. And I was right that Telly was in it, only it turns out Grover wasn't, while the monster that was once called Kermit the Gorf does show up. I guess they decided to replace Grover with one of those two monsters. I wonder if it's because they eat the barre (I don't think Grover has ever eaten anything ineible, but I have seen Herry do so on rare occasions).

And since it was made before Brian Meehl started doing Telly as a character (well, I assume; by episode number, it's before Telly became an actual character, I wonder if the taping dates have the same chronology), I was surprised to see that Meehl performed Telly here as well. Meehl uses a similar voice to the one he would give Telly, only with a French accent. Back when I speculated that the sketch had Telly, Grover, and Herry, I assumed Jim Henson performed him here (since he performed Kermit alongside Farrell in other sketches, I thought they were all taped on the same day, and therefore knew Jim Henson would be on set), though I can't really tell who is performing Kermit the Gorf (I want to say that's a Michael Earl voice, but he doesn't get much dialogue). It's also interesting, at this point Herry is the most recognizable monster in the bit, but Telly is the one to get most of the dialogue.
Telly's voice sounds very deep and gruff

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki's Facebook page has a bunch of rare goodies right now