Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was very surprised Kermit was in the G for Grover sketch (I would have expected him to be mentioned in the "hey frog" bit). Does the script just list those two sketches by title as opposed to scripting the individual segments? I know most Muppet sketches tend to be scripted in their first episode appearances as opposed to listed
Unfortunately, that is not the case in all of them.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The first segment is weird, I guess they just really wanted to make a big deal out of Grover being named. Susan mentions Grover down the street, and we just get a random segment using the usual plain background as opposed to actually taping on the street set. I feel it would have been better if "across the street" was across from the building as opposed to down the street (of course this season didn't have the curve and was all straight bit still), maybe use the city backdrop from "Windy".
Yeah, I feel like it would've been cooler if he was actually there and interacted with them, or if that segment just took place a little ways down the street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Episode 125 begins with Susan saying she saw Grover and asks the kids if they know who he is, then says they've probably seen him even if they don't know his name. I guess that's a lesson on not having to know somebody's name to know.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
And I'd like to bring up a topic about the Anything Muppet tags. There were some Anything Muppet tags in the first season that I saw in the episode guides, which include a U tag, Near/Far tag, O tag, G tag, and Y tag. I have no idea what the scripts/CTW archive materials refer to "tag" as in, but I can assume "tag" would be another term for "insert". Given the Anything Muppet Near/Far tag, I can assume the skit where we saw this AM kid showing us Forward and Backward and getting run over by Gleep and several AM hippies would have to be classified as "Anything Muppet Forward/Backward tag". And the skits where Ernie demonstrates the sound of the letter R and Grover demonstrates the sound of the letter F would have to be classified as "Ernie R tag" and "Grover F tag". This gives me the evidential clue that the Anything Muppet U, O, G and Y tags could also feature an Anything Muppet demonstrating the sounds of the letters, like for instance: "Hi there, this is the letter O. And the sound of the letter O goes like this: Oh. Ooooooooooo." Something like that, and I mean the AM Near/Far tag could also be kinda like the AM Forward/Backward tag I mentioned above.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And I'd like to bring up a topic about the Anything Muppet tags. There were some Anything Muppet tags in the first season that I saw in the episode guides, which include a U tag, Near/Far tag, O tag, G tag, and Y tag. I have no idea what the scripts/CTW archive materials refer to "tag" as in, but I can assume "tag" would be another term for "insert". Given the Anything Muppet Near/Far tag, I can assume the skit where we saw this AM kid showing us Forward and Backward and getting run over by Gleep and several AM hippies would have to be classified as "Anything Muppet Forward/Backward tag". And the skits where Ernie demonstrates the sound of the letter R and Grover demonstrates the sound of the letter F would have to be classified as "Ernie R tag" and "Grover F tag". This gives me the evidential clue that the Anything Muppet U, O, G and Y tags could also feature an Anything Muppet demonstrating the sounds of the letters, like for instance: "Hi there, this is the letter O. And the sound of the letter O goes like this: Oh. Ooooooooooo." Something like that, and I mean the AM Near/Far tag could also be kinda like the AM Forward/Backward tag I mentioned above.
I've seen "Muppet Tag" under a listing of first season near and far sketches in the first season show content, and assume that's referring to the first season Grover sketch. Have you seen "Anything Muppet Near and Far Tag" listed as a first season sketch?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today's Sesame Street Rewind is for Bob and Luis singing "Sing" (I hadn't realized Susan was in this until it was pointed out in the pop-up facts!).

I had said that I hoped most of these would be stuff that's widely available officially, and it's not really a big deal either way, but I think this would be the first to not be so available. It hasn't been available on video and I don't recall Sesame Workshop making the full clip available online until now, but I think somebody did upload it online, and it seems to be one of the go-to versions of "Sing" Sesame Workshop likes to put out, having used it to close Sesame Street Unpaved and including clips from it in that recent Sing mash-up video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppet Wiki page for Suzanne Farrell includes video links to all of her appearances. Which includes this rarity, "At the Barre".

I'd seen on Scott's page that one script with the sketch lists Herry and Telly while another lists Grover and Herry. When I first saw the segment described in an episode page, it said that it had Grover, Herry, and another monster, which made me suspect that it was Telly, during the transitional period where he was a generic monster. And I was right that Telly was in it, only it turns out Grover wasn't, while the monster that was once called Kermit the Gorf does show up. I guess they decided to replace Grover with one of those two monsters. I wonder if it's because they eat the barre (I don't think Grover has ever eaten anything ineible, but I have seen Herry do so on rare occasions).

And since it was made before Brian Meehl started doing Telly as a character (well, I assume; by episode number, it's before Telly became an actual character, I wonder if the taping dates have the same chronology), I was surprised to see that Meehl performed Telly here as well. Meehl uses a similar voice to the one he would give Telly, only with a French accent. Back when I speculated that the sketch had Telly, Grover, and Herry, I assumed Jim Henson performed him here (since he performed Kermit alongside Farrell in other sketches, I thought they were all taped on the same day, and therefore knew Jim Henson would be on set), though I can't really tell who is performing Kermit the Gorf (I want to say that's a Michael Earl voice, but he doesn't get much dialogue). It's also interesting, at this point Herry is the most recognizable monster in the bit, but Telly is the one to get most of the dialogue.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The Muppet Wiki page for Suzanne Farrell includes video links to all of her appearances. Which includes this rarity, "At the Barre".

I'd seen on Scott's page that one script with the sketch lists Herry and Telly while another lists Grover and Herry. When I first saw the segment described in an episode page, it said that it had Grover, Herry, and another monster, which made me suspect that it was Telly, during the transitional period where he was a generic monster. And I was right that Telly was in it, only it turns out Grover wasn't, while the monster that was once called Kermit the Gorf does show up. I guess they decided to replace Grover with one of those two monsters. I wonder if it's because they eat the barre (I don't think Grover has ever eaten anything ineible, but I have seen Herry do so on rare occasions).

And since it was made before Brian Meehl started doing Telly as a character (well, I assume; by episode number, it's before Telly became an actual character, I wonder if the taping dates have the same chronology), I was surprised to see that Meehl performed Telly here as well. Meehl uses a similar voice to the one he would give Telly, only with a French accent. Back when I speculated that the sketch had Telly, Grover, and Herry, I assumed Jim Henson performed him here (since he performed Kermit alongside Farrell in other sketches, I thought they were all taped on the same day, and therefore knew Jim Henson would be on set), though I can't really tell who is performing Kermit the Gorf (I want to say that's a Michael Earl voice, but he doesn't get much dialogue). It's also interesting, at this point Herry is the most recognizable monster in the bit, but Telly is the one to get most of the dialogue.
I want to say Richard Hunt but, I am surprised that they didn’t used Cookie Monster when talking about eating

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I want to say Richard Hunt but, I am surprised that they didn’t used Cookie Monster when talking about eating
I thought that as well. I also feel it sounds like a Jerry Nelson voice, but he's doing Herry. I know in the early seasons it was common for performers to be heard as multiple characters in segments that only feature characters who could have been done by anyone, but by season 11 I doubt they'd have the same performer do one of their usual characters and voice someone who doesn't have a set performer. Or maybe I was hearing Herry and mistakenly thought it was the other monster's mouth. Of course some of Michael Earl's characters sound a little like Jerry Nelson's characters (and not just his Snuffy).