Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
If the last few months, even before the outbreak, are any indication; that's probably not what's going to happen. You can see their focus is more on original, more child-friendly videos that stick out in the YouTube Kids algorithm more, and less on material from the actual show (they don't even post the live action and animated shorts from new episodes nowadays).
I can assume why they're not uploading very much classic content on their official channel during the pandemic is because, as a result of employees working from their homes, either there's classic clips on the official SS YT channel managers' computers at the workshop that they may not have imported to their homes via USB flash drives to upload during the pandemic, or their process of still digitizing a several ton more classic episodes for the American Archive of Public Broadcasting must be on halt, but I could be wrong.

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
When will there be more classic content on Youtube, Amazon, or Netflix?

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
No more classic content forever!!!!!????????
I'll just chime in and say, maybe they're never gonna release anymore content not only because of the pandemic, but also because – as Dycaite said to Ansestle (aka the "anonymous Sesame Street leaker" from archive.org) – uploading the smuggled recording of the Episode 847 footage "can cause serious effects to future Sesame Street events involving lost episodes" as the hosts of the "Lost and Found" screening event didn't want anyone recording and sharing anything from there. In fact, I've read from some users' comments on YouTube stating that doing so not only would put the Jim Henson Legacy's relationship with Sesame Workshop at risk, but also would make Sesame "withhold the rest of the footage, because they've lost trust in the fanbase." I bet what this means is that attempts of leaking footage of Episode 847 online will just tarnish Sesame Workshop's relationship with their fans, as interns in the past actually took it on themselves by giving out footage of clips/episodes to fans while working for the workshop. I'm pretty sure that what's giving Sesame Workshop a reason to lock such classic content up in a vault is how when they're releasing anything that's got something rare, people will be greedy for it and will want to share it and spread it online. I'm pretty sure that's the reason Episode 847's never gonna be released now, as I've checked HBO Max and they don't have Episode 847 listed on there –– thanks to many selfish people who should've learned beforehand what can happen to this episode's official release if they smuggle the footage and leak it online for all to spread around.

Last edited:

datman24

Reaction score
My goodness, enough with the speculations already! I'm sure the virus has put things on hold for a while, and releasing classic content are the least of their concerns right now. There are other things to worry about than a preschool television show not releasing their older material made during a bygone era.