Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I suspected Big Bob was Guy Smiley, it's always good to see confirmation on something I suspected.

I wasn't expecting Billy Monster to be Grover (my guess was Scudge, who is used as his mother). Of course I was certain that the Billy Monster in this was not the same monster who was named Billy in the "here and there" sketch with Grover and Herry (and was called Baby Monster in at least two scripts), but I don't think that's as big a deal/guess to be right about.

I'm guessing Big Bob was performed by Jim Henson and Billy by Frank Oz, the appropriate wiki pages don't list different performers for those sketches, but wouldn't it be hilarious in hindsight if Oz did Bob and Henson did Billy?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I already knew Billy Monster in this skit wasn’t the hot pink monster as no monsters were AMs at that time. But for some reason, I was expecting it to be Fred’s son. Surprised it was Grover.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Yeah, I already knew Billy Monster in this skit wasn’t the hot pink monster as no monsters were AMs at that time. But for some reason, I was expecting it to be Fred’s son. Surprised it was Grover.
I remember reading info about "Can You Guess?" on the Wikipedia page about Guy Smiley a year ago or two, and it did say that Grover was known as Billy Monster in this skit.

Can You Guess? — a satire of To Tell The Truth — Three Muppets, a father, mother and son, each announce themselves as "the mother of this family," and Grover (then called "Billy Monster") has to guess which is the true mother. (The Smiley character was then named "Big Bob.")
Heh, yeah, whoever wrote THAT on Wikipedia had blown the record out of everyone else's guesses. XD

Well, I DID make a close correct guess about who the AM father, mother and son looked like in this skit. Well, turns out I guessed correctly for the father and mother (except for the mother's eyes), but I was wrong for the son, as I thought the son would be the same green AM kid from "Mother & Children's Song" and "Everyone Likes Ice Cream".

Also, I was wrong guessing what the set looked like for the "Can You Guess?" game show skit, as I thought the set and title card would be the same exact same one used for "Pick Your Pet".

Everything said above, the term "guess" I used in this comment I made here PERFECTLY correlates with the name of said game show skit we're talking about, LOL. XD