Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

ssetta

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that lately, for a lot of clips that get uploaded to YouTube (as well as on SW's website), the audio mixing is horrible. I noticed that with the updated version of "C is for Cookie" and "Somebody Come and Play" with Ernie, you can hardly hear his voice at all. It seems to be like that with a lot of clips uploaded in within the last several months.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that lately, for a lot of clips that get uploaded to YouTube (as well as on SW's website), the audio mixing is horrible. I noticed that with the updated version of "C is for Cookie" and "Somebody Come and Play" with Ernie, you can hardly hear his voice at all. It seems to be like that with a lot of clips uploaded in within the last several months.
I wish I knew what they were thinking. The upgraded version of "Hold My Hand" is horrid; you can hardly hear the vocals. I mean, someone HAD to approve these things before they started putting them online. Some segments on SS.org have weird coloring too. How did they let this slip by?

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Here’s an oldie that I hope will soon be posted in English:

Actually, this is only Part Two of this sketch. In Part One, Bert holds a number 4 and asks Ernie if he knows what it is. Ernie says it’s a chocolate pie. Bert decides to show a film about the number 4 so Ernie can get a clue.

Here’s a rough translation of Part Two. Tell me if I’m anywhere near right...

Bert [holding up the number 4]: Okay, Ernie, now do you know what this is?

Ernie: Yeah, yeah, of course! That’s a cream pie.

Bert: If this is a cream pie [puts down the 4 and holds up a cream pie], then what is this?

Ernie: That? That's a 4! [Laughs.]

[At that, Bert pushes the pie into Ernie’s face.]

Ernie [to camera]: I knew it was a pie. But who wants to be hit in the face with a number 4? Yum! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Should I use my powers of invisibility for good or evil?"