Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And even still now! I don't believe I've ever still seen Christmas commercials this long after Christmas had ended, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here it is Valentine's, and there's still Christmas billboards all over town! I've never seen such before!

On the flip side though, the stores already have Cadbury eggs for Easter!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Of course, once again, they don't remember bumping into each other last year, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Given that Food Network's 2021 season of Holiday Baking Championship started on November 1, the day immediately after Halloweeen… Yes, they're shoving it down our throats way too early.

The thing is the tagline for this season is "Fall in love with Holiday Baking Championship" to which I reply, "how can I fall in love with it when I already hate it?"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If it was up to me, Santa Claus closing the Thanksgiving Day Parade would be the first sign of Christmas. But I understand how the retail industry works, and you gotta move this merch out the door.

No sooner has the turkey hit your stomach, people are gearing up for tomorrow. Only 30 days to Christmas. I know, like Charlie Brown pointed out so many decades ago, it’s a big commercial racket.
When I was younger, I loved the buzz of Christmas shoppers and crowds. Then I grew to hate it.
Having worked in retail for so many years, I know now’s the time of year to make a buck.
Now Christmas means so much more to me than presents or lights or tv specials or Santy Claus or Hallmark movies. All that could go away and I’d still have reason to celebrate.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yeah one of my radio stations just started last week playing non-stop Christmas music and I changed to another station. I don't want to hear Christmas music till December first.
Used to as a kid I LOVED hearing Christmas music when it would start playing on certain radio stations
but now it starts so **** early I don't want to hear any till December is here.
I have a HUGE playlist on my mp3 player (yes I still listen to a mp3 player) of Christmas music
and I could easily get tired of hearing but I don't really listen to it all the time.
It will still be playing on the station I listen to when I'm doing errands or heading to and from work.
But I can't wait to start watching the TV specials. That and the music are my two favorite things
about Christmas. I don't mind putting up the tree but I would rather put up a smaller one then some
10 footer. (can't remember how tall our tree is anyways)

Blue Frackle

Reaction score

Of course, once again, they don't remember bumping into each other last year, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that.
I barely watch TV so I had no clue this commercial is still being aired, but honestly, it makes me glad... it's an absolute classic. But I guess this would be like someone telling me I should be grateful Bohemian Rhapsody has been played every day at my job for the last 9 years lol.