Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I barely watch TV so I had no clue this commercial is still being aired, but honestly, it makes me glad... it's an absolute classic. But I guess this would be like someone telling me I should be grateful Bohemian Rhapsody has been played every day at my job for the last 9 years lol.
I don't think it's comparable to old songs being played on the radio because commercials are almost always removed from circulation after 3-4 years (if not 3-4 months). So to have one from 1996 still airing is really neat.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
“Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?”

Yes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... It's things like the video D'Snowth posted above and the currently hyped Hanukkah episode of The Ghost and Molly McGee on Disney that make me wonder, has Hanukkah started even earlier than normal this year? Then again, my mind already kind of considers Hanukkah as the wintertime counterpart to Spring Brake, a nebulous period of holidayish celebration that noone really knows when the heck it falls on in the regular calendar. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, yeah, it does. Granted, unlike other winter holidays like Christmas and Kwanzaa, I don't believe Hanukkah has a permanent date year to year, but yeah, it does seem like it's usually later in December.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is probably my new favorite modern Christmas song.

Somehow, it sounds like to me the kind of song you'd hear over the closing credits of a Christmas movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So here we go again: the imaginary War on Christmas is being resurrected, as always, even though literally nobody said that it's politically incorrect to say "Merry Christmas," nor is anybody trying to cancel Christmas. :sigh:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly let them have their little tantrums in the end. They’re only making fools of themselves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And of course, cue all of the whiny contards who feel their white privileged threatened by the depiction of a black Santa in a TV commercial.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I do not feel threatened by a black Santa.
I do not feel threatened by a black Jesus either.
I don’t even feel threatened by your hysterics on social problems that only exist in your head.
Go out and get some fresh air. You’ve been staring at your screen too long.