Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We got a new tree last year. It’s called a pencil tree because it’s intentionally skinny (but tall) and doesn’t take up much space. Comes in three parts, pre-lit, only takes a minute to set up.

Pine trees smell nice, but the thing drinks water like a camel. And sheds needles like it’s nobody’s business.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And they’re not blah when you put the lights and decorations on.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Did anybody catch the video on YouTube about the woke Santa?
Over the weekend, a little boy visited a mall Santa. He wants a Nerf gun for Christmas. Santa said no, the kid burst out crying, the video went viral, and Woke Santa got canned.

I played Santy Claus once (with a lot of pillows to fatten me up). Most kids wanted an X-box or whatever. Girls like dolls and princess stuff, boys like cars or sports.
You don’t promise anything, but you don’t say no either.
You say “ You be a good boy or girl, and Santa will see you Christmas “.

Even if a 5-year-old came up to me and said “Not so much for me, Santa, but I want LittleJerry92 to get a dime bag of Homegrown and Snowthy a Trish Yearwood poster!”
You don’t say no. You say “Santa will check his list.
At least the boy had a happy ending. The next day another Santa stopped by his house with a Nerf gun.
It’s not like the Christmas story movie where he asked for a BB gun.
Maybe Woke Santa was thinking, “No, kid. If I bring you a Nerf gun, when you grow up you’ll want a real gun and vote Republican!”

But no. Kids grow up so fast, and at that tender age they really believe in Santa. Why ruin it for them?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, if it’s a nerf gun then there’s no harm in that. Sorry to say the mall santa kind of shot himself in the foot with that “no” comment.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, I just watched the video. Yeah, that mall Santa was a complete idiot. He’s only asking to get fired.