Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

crackmaster

Reaction score
One of my brother's friends started playing Christmas music as soon as it hit 12 am last night during a group chat. :laugh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's what Comcast did last night; as soon as it was midnight, bam, Halloween music was over, and Christmas music began.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
For the next 8 weeks we’ll be in a state of HalloThsnksmas. I know retail, and I know as soon as one holiday is over, gotta push the next one. It’s one big hustle. Before Christmas even comes they’ll be pushing Valentine’s Day.

Thanksgiving gets lost in the blur of turkey, football, and Arlo Guthrie’s “Alice’s Restaurant”. In spite of everything else that happened this year, I still have much to be thankful for.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
At a supermarket near where I live, they haven't decorated for Christmas yet. Years ago, they decorated as early as the day after Halloween. I agree, November 25 or 26 is early enough to decorate for Christmas.

Plus, having Christmas decorations and Christmas music (which is very catchy and repetitive) for an extended period may have psychological effects on people. I can see why the supermarket near my residence has decided to not decorate nor play holiday music until later in November, and I applaud their decision.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, even the Christmas trees seem to scream 2020 this year . . . ours is probably the skinniest, droopiest, spindliest Christmas tree we've ever had.