CGI Muppet Babies Show?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I've actually wondered about this as far as how a new line-up would look. I would of course prefer the original group but it wouldn't surprise me if they did change it. I figure Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, and Animal are all safe bets. As far as the other three spots, who knows? I would love for Rowlf to be on the show, but it wouldn't shock me if he, Scooter, and Skeeter were dropped in favor of some of the new batch. :frown: Pepe I figure would be a likely replacement.
That honestly SCARES me. I like Pepe okay, but oh...oh, gosh. To replace Scooter and Skeeter...with...PEPE!?!?!? That's almost as bad as if we took the level of Care Bear's CGI and made Muppet Babies exactly the same way. I watched that Care Bear's CGI hour-movie thing...

I had to stop watching after 20 mins. I couldn't stomach anymore of the outlandishly pre-schooler humor, and the horrible CGI animation.

--- Has anyone also noticed how pre-schooler's TV has changed, with the advent of Blue's Clues and Dora the Explorer ?? WAY too much repetation. Not enough morals.

Animals Mom

Reaction score
You can't just go around replacing muppet babies! I admit the Scooter and Skeeter were not my favourites, but it wouldn't be the same without those guys!

HPDJ

Reaction score
I back the idea for a CGI show!

jamminjake

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Well, unless they use the Waldo technology, and make this a puppet/CGI blend, I wouldn't mind too much... but since you seem concerned this is no more than a rumor that's all bark and no substance. Nothing came out of it either way, so this probably will not happen at least anytime soon...

BTW, these plans have been around even before the Disney deal, and other than the oz movie, no other pre-Disney deal has hit yet....
You can expect it to look something like that in The Book of Pooh. They used puppets, but also CG.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
That honestly SCARES me. I like Pepe okay, but oh...oh, gosh. To replace Scooter and Skeeter...with...PEPE!?!?!? That's almost as bad as if we took the level of Care Bear's CGI and made Muppet Babies exactly the same way. I watched that Care Bear's CGI hour-movie thing...

I had to stop watching after 20 mins. I couldn't stomach anymore of the outlandishly pre-schooler humor, and the horrible CGI animation.
But then, of course... Muppet Babies was a wonderful, imaginative kid's cartoon, whereas Care Bears were just the creation of some greating card company to make a thrown together show so they could sell Care Bear Merchandise..... 80's animation, man... gotta love it.

Personally, IF this project were ever to take shape, I'd hope they could get back most of the writers. I mean, I know Jefferey Scott is still around... just hope Dragon Tales doesn't influence this that much.

The only real advantage I see to a new MB series is the oppertunity to make baby versions of Muppets they didn't use the first time around (wouldn't mind Skeeter being replaced by baby Janice). I mean, there was a good gag in their with a Baby Dr,Teeth having only one tooth where his gold tooth now is.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Um.....Skeeter must stay. But that Tooth gag is hilarious! He could have a phobia of loosing it!

maxdrive

Reaction score
The whole thing with pepe i see like they did with robin maybe have him guest star in a epp but have to be in bowl since how small he would be.

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, any news boys?

Baby Newsman: "This just in, oops...er, where was I?"
Baby Beau: "In the nursery..."
Baby Janice: "Like you take things too lit-rully..."
Baby Beau: "But I didn't take anything!"
Baby Lew: "Look, I'm Lew Geemand with by fably flying ants..."

*cough*

Excuse them...