CGI Muppet Babies Show?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to see any more Muppets in there that wasn't in the original cartoon, but I definitely could see them sticking more to the MTM Piggy Fantasy as to how they all were when they were babies and it just be those few.

Then again, why CGI? Why not puppets??

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I wouldn't want to see any more Muppets in there that wasn't in the original cartoon, but I definitely could see them sticking more to the MTM Piggy Fantasy as to how they all were when they were babies and it just be those few.

Then again, why CGI? Why not puppets??
didnt Jim say they wanted puppets but it would be to hard to do?

...again, i could be wrong :zany:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Somewhere Jim had mentioned that the baby puppets were so small and chunky it was hard to control them, and it ended up hurting them after a while. He didn't really like them as puppets, so that might be why he did a cartoon instead of puppetry.

I heard/read it somewhere, but for the life of me I forgot where...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, that makes sense to me. Small puppets are cumbersome. I was just considering green screen technology for when they begin to imagine, if that'll be the same case in the CGI show as opposed to the cartoon.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Greenscreen like say...that puppet Winnie the Pooh movie? Book of Pooh? That would be seriously nice.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
yeah i LOVE it too! the libirary use to have it but it NEVER got returend, but I bought it off of ebay here a few years ago!
LOVE IT!!! :smile: Did you know Disney animated it and produced it (with permishion from Henson, WB and others) :smirk: it also says Roy Disney was a producer on it!
Wow, I didn't realize how much Disney had to do with the special. Nice that all these companies managed to get together for a good cause (probably doesn't happen often!)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Greenscreen like say...that puppet Winnie the Pooh movie? Book of Pooh? That would be seriously nice.
That's what I was thinking about.

maxdrive

Reaction score
I dont know if puppets would be the best way to go. since the cartoon had the babies with so much movement stuff you could not do with a puppet.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
yeah, y'all are right, that puppets aren't the way to go. A CGI cartoon, maybe, but no puppets, because whenever Gonzo fell on his nose (BONK!) it was either on- or off-screen because it was for the gag to take full effect.

BJ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You can do anything with a puppet on greenscreen for sure. Ever seen that Book of Pooh show Beau mentioned? It's pretty cool what they can do with puppets, greenscreen, AND CGI.