Breaking Back In

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries... Like we often say... Just so long as it gets posted, enjoy the weekend with your company and hope it's a good one.

Java

Reaction score
Okay you all, I'm full of excuses, but you know how real life is. I'm working night shift right now (tonight will be the 2nd of 3) and have downtime but don't have access to lyrics and such to write the ending of this story while at work. So this is on hold while my next fan fic is being started. When I get back here after my recovery time, I will finish this and share my next.

Be patient and bare with me and you'll have more stories than you can imagine when my shifts and recovery are completed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What lyrics do you need Java? Got a few sources you can mine if you need 'em.

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 18

“I may go out tomorrow if I can borrow a coat to wear,” Scooter sang clear as a bell as the curtain opened upon the last fourth of the show. Fozzie followed dancing on the end of a leash as the audience quickly started clapping along with the music.

“Oh, I’d step out in style with my sincere smile and my dancing bear
Outrageous, alarming, courageous, charming
Oh, who would think a boy and bear
Could be well accepted everywhere
Its just amazing how fair people can be”

This was only the second time Scooter and Fozzie had ever done the number together but they played it for everything it was worth. The dancing was quickly stepped up to include Vaudeville slapstick with neither missing a beat as the song progressed.

“Seen at the nicest places where well-fed faces all stop to stare
Making the grandest entrance is Simon Smith and his dancing bear
They’ll love us,”

“Won’t they?” Fozzie chimed.

“They feed us,”

“Don’t they?”

“Oh, who would think a boy and bear
Could be well accepted everywhere
Its just amazing how fair people can be

Who needs money when you’re funny?
The big attraction everywhere
Will be Simon Smith and his dancing bear
Its Simon Smith and the amazing dancing bear?” Scooter crooned the final notes and Fozzie and him danced of stage, waving their hats with the audience enthusiastically appreciating them.

Kermit wasted no time getting onto with Elmo after Sam the Eagle introduced them to do a Happy Feet Happy Tappin with Elmo medley. The curtain opened with a grand set of stair cases that curved up from the middle of the stage around to meet at the top with Kermit standing poised to go down the right stair case and Elmo on the left.

“Happy Feet! I’ve got those happy feet! Give them a low down beat and they begin dancing,” Kermit started dancing up and down the first seven stairs as Elmo tapped and then went into his part. “First your fingers snap, And then your toes start tappin', Give your knees a slap, And let your hands start clappin' , Anything can happen when you're happy tappin' with Elmo”

They climbed again to the top of the stairs tapped around each other as they then launched into their songs together Kermit expertly melding happy feet into happy tappin as they dazzled the audience with their skill.

First your fingers snap
Happy Feet
And then your toes start tappin'
I’ve got those happy feet
Give your knees a slap
Give them a low down beat
And let your hands start clappin'
And they begin dancing
Anything can happen when you're happy tappin' with Elmo

Don't need a map to find the King of Tappin'
Happy Feet
I'm the reddish chap
I’ve got those happy feet
The one whose arms are flappin'
Give them a low down beat
People, it's a snap
And they begin dancing
So try some happy tappin' with Elmo

Happy's such a neat emotion
I’ve got those
It'll give your feet a happy notion
Ten little tapping toes
If your toes get tired rub in some lotion
And when I hear a tune
And they'll feel swell, so, come join Elmo
I can’t control my dancing heels to save my soul

You'll be happy when you see me tappin'
Weary blues can’t get into my shoes
Better make it snappy, don't get caught nappin'
Because my shoes refuse
Tell your mam and pappy that you're happy tappin' with Elmo
To ever grow weary
Happy tappin' with Elmo

Happy's such a neat emotion
I keep cheerful on an earful
It'll give your feet that happy notion
Of music sweet
If your toes get tired rub in some lotion
Just got those hap-hap-happy
And they'll feel swell, so, come join Elmo

You'll be happy when you see me tappin'
Yes, I’ve got those hap-hap-happy
Better make it snappy, don't get caught nappin'
Just got those hap-hap-happy feet
Tell your mam and pappy that you're happy tappin' with Elmo
Yes those happy feet!!
Happy tappin' with Elmo, Yeah!

They ran quickly off stage and a quick set change allowed for the Swedish Chef to come out and baffle the audience as he tried to prepare clam chowder.

“Yea that’s one chowder that will chow down on you!” cried the hecklers in the balcony as he left the stage.

“And now ladies and gentlemen,” Kermit said as he stood in front of the audience, “I’d like to thank you for coming tonight as I know introduce to you the largest Muppet gathering on one stage as we do a medley of some our favorite songs.”

Choreography was limited and almost unnecessary as the medley began each Muppet pouring their heart and soul into their portions of songs. Kermit sat on a log in the middle of the stage quietly beginning.

“Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.”

The music rose to a soft crescendo and then Red and Boober Fraggle started to sing.

“Try a little longer,
For your friends.
Try a little a stronger,
For your friends.

You work all night.
You work all day.
You still can't keep,
Those worry blues away.

Try a little longer,
For your friends.
Try a little a stronger,
For your friends.”

The tempo picked up pace a little and all the Muppets on stage chimed in for the next song as Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Kermit, and Camilla danced across in front of them as they did the The Muppets Take Manhattan.

“Together again
Gee, it's good to be together again
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone!
It's not starting over, it's just going on!
Together again
Now we're here and there's no need remembering when
Cause no feeling feels like that feeling!
Together again!”

They continued to sing together as they changed to a song from Fraggle Rock with the Fraggle’s taking center stage dancing.

“Around the universe
Exploring every mile
My mind often turns back to Fraggle Rock
I'm marching on with a smile
All around the world
(Thunderin' and lightnin' and a-feudin' and a-fightin')
There is no better place
(Pushin' and a shovin' when we only need some lovin')
We'll all be here livin' in Fraggle Rock...
You need to be out in space!”

They continued to keep the tempo upbeat as the music shifted for the next songs verses and the group from Sesame Street took center stage.

“We all sing with the same voice
The same song, the same voice
We all sing with the same voice
And we sing in harmony.”

“'Cause there ain't no mountain you can't climb
If you hang on tight and just make up your mind
Once you set your heart to movin' on
Son, there ain't no road too long.”

The Electric Mayhem lead an interlude that slowly brought the tone back to the serious side of the reunion and the songs that they felt truly captured their feelings. Ernie came forward for a solo on the next verse.

“Well, I'd like to visit the moon
On a rocket ship high in the air
Yes, I'd like to visit the moon
But I don't think I'd like to live there
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I might like it for one afternoon
I don't want to live on the moon”

The audience was only slightly surprised to hear Gonzo’s heartfelt verse of the medley next.

“Come and go with me, it's more fun to share,
We'll both be completely at home in midair.
We're flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings.
We can hold onto love like invisible strings.”

The Muppets that started it all returned to center stage to gear up for the last verses of the medley. They each sang their original lines from the Muppet Movie.

“(Kermit)Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
(Fozzie) That's part of what rainbows do.
(Gonzo)Rainbows are memories, sweet dream reminders
(Miss Piggy)What is it you'd like to do?
(All together) All of us watching, and wishing we'd find it;
(Fozzie) I've noticed, you're watching too.”

The entire stage picked up the song now.

“Someday you'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and you.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending
Keep believing, keep pretending
We've done just what we set out to do.
Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers, and you.”

The continued to sing for verses from the last song, a song they never wanted to forget.

“If just one person believes in you,
Deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...
Hard enough, and long enough,
It stands to reason, that someone else will think
"If he can do it, I can do it."

And when all those people,
Believe in you,
Deep enough, and strong enough,
Believe in you...
Hard enough, and long enough

It stands to reason that you yourself will
Start to see what everybody sees in
You...

And maybe even you,
Can believe in you... Too!”

The song ended with the audience leaping to their feet in a standing ovation. The Muppets embraced tears of joy and remembrance streaming down their faces and they cheered for their job well done. Kermit detached himself from the group and cued the band to play the closing as he announced “We’ll see you next time on the Muppet Show” even though he couldn’t be heard.

Java

Reaction score
Epilogue

Kermit stood in front of the theater watching as Amber and Carrie boarded the bus that would take the Sesame Street residents back to their home. The Fraggles had stayed for the celebration party the next day and helped to clean up the theater to business could return to normal before heading back to the Rock.

“So, Kermit,” Carrie called from the steps, “Send us some more adults and we can get to Amber, Stephen, Jennifer and I can get to filming new Sesame Street episodes for KMUP.”

“Immediately, I don’t think that Digit can handle the phone demands much longer.”

“Let me know when I can do another song with Robin for the show!” Amber called from the window.

“Don’t worry, I won’t let Uncle Kermit forget.”

“I can’t believe this is already over. I’m going to miss you guys,” Fozzie called to everyone hanging out the windows.

“Aww, you’re breaking my heart,” Oscar called sarcastically, “Now let’s scram!”

Carrie signaled the driver that it was okay to listen to Oscar as she quickly pulled some of the smaller monsters back in their seats for a safe take off.

Kermit watched as the bus disappeared from sight and then turned to the gang gathered in front of the theater.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” He looked from face to face. “Let’s get rehearsals started for next week.”

Kermit shook his head in exasperation as each they fought and clamored their way back through the doors. It felt good to be back. He turned to look at the sky and smiled gently at the rainbow only he could see.

Java

Reaction score
I enjoyed it guys! Thank you so much for letting me into this group of fanfic writers. As I've indicated before, my next story is coming soon. The first chapter is completly written and the next is almost written.

Okay, now I'll be patient and wait for you to read.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH I CAN'T STOP SQUEEING!!!!!!

I loved every single and I do mean EVERY SINGLE song!!!! And the epilogue's fun too! Oh my gosh it's incredible! I love Kermit seeing the rainbow at the end! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to you for this story!

Can't wait to see what's next!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*At post above... OK, who are you and what've you done with the real Lisa's Holy Mosquitoes!?
Java... Want to hug this ending. So great to see so much of your heart brimming in each and everysong.
And of course... The final number was possibly the greatest thing.
Along with Carrie calling to Kermit about how Digit can't handle the phone volume so they can get new episodes of SS on the air.

But... The rainbow! Oh, I hug you for that.
Thanks for this great story.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ed said:
what've you done with the real Lisa's Holy Mosquitoes!?
Oh, I haven't done anything with it but return it to its rightful owner and throw it into the next chapter of- ......Excuse me, please, I have, um, something to type...

Meanwhile, Java, this is for you: <standing ovation>