Breaking Back In

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Java... While I'm on my nagging streak... Don't think you can get away scott free. Better post that next part of the reunion special soon...
Or the penguins shall pelt thee verily.

Java

Reaction score
I plan to tonight after work. My ISP was down a lot last week, then I had those nagging night shifts. Plus, my husband and I started the process of buying a house...

Okay, got to go commute but I'll be back tonight. I'm so sorry guys, and I'll be commenting on your stories soon!

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Java, your story continues to delight me. The big show is just a constant parade of hits. Every time a new sketch is introduced, I think "Oh man, I love this one!"

Can't waaaaait for more!

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 17

“And now I’d like to introduce my nephew Robin and a very special friend of the Muppets, Amber Crenshaw as they sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” Kermit said to the audience who were settling back down into their seats.

The curtain opened with Amber standing upstage and Robin sitting on the fence post. Amber started with the first verse, her voice wavering at the beginning but growing stronger as she gained her confidence. Robin sang the second verse and they sang together for the third. Robin then sang the fourth verse with Amber bringing it home in the final verse.

Amber came backstage glowing after the song. “It really wasn’t that bad!”

“I told you that you would be fine,” Robin said to her.

“I want to do it again.”

“Now, don’t get ahead of yourself,” Kermit cut in, “we’ll have plenty of more shows that we can set something up with. Besides, now I have to go introduce Fozzie.”

Kermit smiled at the audience clapping along to the Rummblebug Hum that the Fraggles had taken the stage for and stepped out when the curtain came down.

“And now everybody, I would like to introduce you to our resident funny man…”

“Oh, did you find one in your absence?” Statler called out.

“Hey, you two, save this for him. I’d like to introduce you to our resident funny man Fozzie Bear.”

“Hiya, hiya, hiya! How are you doing there folks?” Fozzie slid onto the stage, ready to take on everyone in the audience. “Say a man walked into a bar the other day and after which...”

“He said he was glad he passed out so he didn’t have to listen to you!” Statler immediately interrupted

“I thought you had lots of time to come up with new material, not stuff that has been around since the dark ages.” Waldorf cried.

“Ahhh, well lets try this one. A grass hopper goes to a bar and hops up on a stool. The bartender is surprised to see a grasshopper and says "Say, you know we have a drink named after you?" The grasshopper responds "You have a drink named Roger?" Amusing himself Fozzie wiggled his ears and cried out “Wocka, wocka, wocka!”

“Okay, that was decent,” Statler started.

“Yea, for a flea!”

“Ahh, come one guys. Okay, okay, I’ll make a deal with you if you don’t laugh at my next joke…”

“We tried that before!”

“Yea, we lost and we’ve been stuck watching you perform ever since.”

“Just a minute. If you all don’t laugh at my next joke you get to do my act next show!”

“We’ll do a better job at it!”

“Give it your best shot.”

“Okay, here goes. The coach of a high school basketball team is getting his team ready, when his star player walks in with a cast on his leg. The coach asks "What happened?" and the player replies "I broke my leg in three places." The coach paused for a moment, then says "Well then, you should stay out of those places."

Fozzie turned and watched as Statler and Waldorf simultaneously pursed their lips hard together and turned red before a guffaw slipped out.

“Ahh, ahhh. Thank you folks, I’ll see you next time.” Fozzie said and skipped off stage.

“Oh, Kermit! It was great. Those old cronies laughed.”

Kermit smiled gently at his friend as he ushered the Sesame Street monsters onto the stage to sing Monster in the Mirror followed by closely by Oscar’s stirring ode to his trash.

“And now, ladies and gentlemen,” Kermit said taking his place in front of the curtain again. “I’d like to introduce you to our resident artist, Gonzo the Great accompanied by our band the Electric Mayhem!”

The Electric Mayhem gently played the opening to “Wipe Out!” as Gonzo prepared the audience for his death defying dive into a glass of water. Animal ripped into the drums as Gonzo climbed the ladder and the rest of the band. Unfortunately for the audience, Gonzo was distracted by Animals enthusiasm and missed the glass of water by three feet crashing through the stage into the storage areas below.

The curtain quickly came down as Kermit announced a second intermission above Gonzo’s whoops of delight before the show could go on.

Java

Reaction score
Thanks you all for being patient with me!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing. Good choice of acts. Though maybe next time, a bit more detail as to the songs/acts themselves.

Let's see...
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Robin and Amber.
"Rumblebug Hum" by the Fraggles.
Fozzie Bear's Monologue, was probably the best cause it was the most developed out of all the sketches/acts. Especially how he got the hecklers to laugh as well.
"Monster In The Mirror" by the SS Monsters probably led by Grover.
"I Love Trash" by Oscar The Grouch.
And finally, Gonzo's daredevil act gone horribly askew.

Great stuff, post more when it's ready, please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I loved it! My favorite was Fozzie's monlogue, great job! I have the hardest time writing for Fozzie myself, but you did a great job! Can't wait to read the next part!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOOT! Java! You got more up! And it's AWESOME!! Way to go! I love it! More please!

Java

Reaction score
Hey guys, there's going to be another delay on the last few chapters because I now have company coming into town for the weekend. Just thought I'd let you know instead of leaving you hanging like last time.