Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Teenager's

Reaction score
Where can you buy block reticulated foam for carving? My partner and I made a Gonzo replica puppet, but we used sheet foam and there is a seam under his nose and top lip. I would much rather have it carved, but we don't know where to buy block foam.
You can go to a foam factory thats in your area. Do a Yahoo business search for one around you. It's better to actually go to the factory than buying online because online is more expensive and at the factory the have large pieces for sale rather than whole sheets. I bought several full yards of scott foam for $10, instead of the $60 it would have been

But here are some others.
http://www.foamdistributing.com/products/dryfast.html
http://www.bobsfoam.com/

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm with you all on those replicas. I wouldn't dare even touch them with a fourty foot foam stick either. They are all wonderfuly done but would in the right mind would buy them for that much. I know i wouldn't.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I can't imaging paying $2,000 for one that doesn't vacuum or do windows. :embarrassed:
or dishes or laundry or wash the car or go grocery shopping...

Edited: Apologies for the statement I made here earlier. No offense was intended and I hope folks aren't disappointed in me. If you have no idea what it was, please ignore this post.

TML

Reaction score
Did he use a block of scott foam or regular seat cushion foam, because we seem to only be able to find blocks of upholstry foam.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Teenager's... i know how you feel :frown: lol

That Cookie Monster idea sounds great :wink:

Keeermit

Reaction score
sorry everyone about the updates but i still havent finished my big bird... well he is finished apart from his legs - which is something i just havent been bothered to do as yet. i will list the recent replicas i have done

Zoe - just finished her
Bert - almost finished a new bert
Ernie - almost finished just waiting on his shirt
Telly - he is finished
Super Grover - he is finished
Elmo - almost finished just needs legs
Miss Piggy - only a head and foam body at this stage

plus i also have
pepe
fozzie
animal
gonzo
oscar

i am working on a website to showcase my replicas - but i have also just signed up to photobucket which i will try and upload as many pics as i can soon
take care

jarrod boutcher

BabyScooter

Reaction score
can't wait to see them

I have a question where do you get clothes for the puppets?

just asking.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
hi there, :smile:
i have slowly started to put some photos up on my photobucket account this link is to my "under construction Miss Piggy" but you can have a look at the other photos by viewing the album.... as i said i dont have many up there yet but its a start

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii188/jbpuppets/?action=view&current=piggy1.jpg
Wow, you've certainly been a busy little bee! I see Zoe, Super Grover, Telly, a new Bert, a new (naked) Ernie, a Frankenstein-like monster, two new Animals... man they're all spectacular!

Gosh I wish I could build puppets like you, but I got to face facts, I'm just not as good at building as I am performing.:smirk: