Bible Study

mariolover

Reaction score
Plus, as my youth pastor said “You can’t pick and choose which parts of the Bible you believe and which you don’t. The Bible is REAL.”

mariolover

Reaction score
I feel as though you must believe in **** to be a Christian and go to heaven, because accepting Jesus as your savior literally means believing he saved you from ****.

I could be wrong though. I know some people personally who claim to be Christian and believe that everyone goes to heaven or some even that believe in reincarnation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some Christians would say that being a Christian just for fire insurance doesn’t make you an actual Christian.
I've actually had a pastor tell me that even if an LGBTQIA+ person has been saved by the Blood of Christ, and is a born-again Christian, they'll still go to **** for "willfully living in sin."

mariolover

Reaction score
I've actually had a pastor tell me that even if an LGBTQIA+ person has been saved by the Blood of Christ, and is a born-again Christian, they'll still go to **** for "willfully living in sin."
All true Christians will go to heaven. There are many who say there are Christian but are not.

mariolover

Reaction score
Watch that you don’t become one of them.
I’m not. I will always be a Christian even if people judge me for it. The Bible says we will be persecuted and called hateful and bigoted even if we’re not.

But it’s worth it because heaven is our reward. It’s much better than anything on earth

I saw this wonderful quote on Facebook “You often hear “Life is short, better enjoy it!” How about “Eternity is long, better prepare for it!”

Eternal death is a lot worse. Even if you don’t believe in ****, I’m sure most of you have imagined what it would be like to be locked up in eternal torment forever, burning and screaming without an escape.

Either way, it’s eternal. I would much rather have an eternity of joy and happiness than an eternity of suffering, hopelessness, despair, and anguish.

Great thing about Christianity is we can be 100% certain that we will be in heaven, paradise, or whatever you want to call it.

Muslims have no assurance of salvation. They believe only Allah knows where they will go on judgement day.

And plus, Christianity is the only salvation based religion that’s not works based. You don’t have to earn your salvation because Jesus paid it for us.

Islam, Jehovah’s Witness, and Mormonism are works based. They believe you have to earn it through good deeds.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I thought you were a Satanist.
Satanism is a form of atheism, but I haven’t used that label in at least a year now. I still follow a lot of its ideals though (make the most of your life on earth, surround yourself with people you love and pay no heed to the naysayers, etc).

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Eternal death is a lot worse. Even if you don’t believe in ****, I’m sure most of you have imagined what it would be like to be locked up in eternal torment forever, burning and screaming without an escape.

Either way, it’s eternal. I would much rather have an eternity of joy and happiness than an eternity of suffering, hopelessness, despair, and anguish.
Just because the idea of **** is terrifying, I’m not going to subscribe to Christianity just for a believed salvation from it, because as I said earlier, this wouldn’t make me a very well-rounded person as far as my beliefs go. And given a lot of your posts on here fall back into the old “if you don’t believe in Christianity and it turns out it was real after all, you have everything to lose; if I believe in Christianity and it turns out it wasn’t real, I have nothing to lose” argument (which is stupid, because there’s a metric crap-tonne of religions out there that could still end up being the right one), it makes me question how deep your actual belief system is. Are you a Christian because you love God and want a deeper relationship with him, or are you just following the Bible and trying to convert others to your side because of your intense fear of eternal damnation?