Behold..The Zero Dollar Bill!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well maybe career in this case was meant as in, purely for profit, as opposed to service.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't it be both. I mean couldn't you have a life long career where you serve the people? :confused: If only some politicians could do this. It shouldn't just be for self of self interest.
I have such a great distaste for Brand Politics no matter if it is Bush, Clinton or Kennedy. I have a *do all the good you can and get out* take on that particular arena. It should never become a lifestyle and should always be about public service. It always comes to light just how much that isn’t the case when we are in economic crisis.

I don't believe public office politics should be a lifelong career choice as it has been for so many. It's not just profit concerns that is the issue but the loss of perspective and complacency that results in even the most noble of representatives.

Every office should have term limits and every politician should have some sort of enforced shelf life, but our system is one where seniority wins over ideas so voters aren’t ever given that choice to change their party’s leadership. There's enough skilled people around and a lot to be done in the private sector when a representative leaves office (commonly not of their own choosing). Yet they usually just pad their wallets by writing books, giving speeches and appearing on news programs. Loyalties tend to be that of narcissism money and power rather than public service.

Politics should be a temporary pit-stop in that individual's life. There are many other arenas where one can rally others to make the world a better place. Just ask Al Gore. Some disagree with his message, but everyone must admit that he does more now than he ever did in any office he held.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just ask Al Gore. Some disagree with his message, but everyone must admit that he does more now than he ever did in any office he held.
That's true he eventually bounched back. And Jimmy Carter, many argure, did better after he was President. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's true he eventually bounched back. And Jimmy Carter, many argure, did better after he was President. :smile:
We all now know the importance of Habitat for Humanity's efforts in building houses for people in need. It's not just a sweet gesture - it's a grave need for so many people. And it is not a government organization. It's actually has religious roots.

There really are many ways to contribute in and out of the spotlight that don't require lifelong service in public office. I feel that public office can afford people like Jimmy Carter an even better opportunity after politics. He wasn’t the greatest President. In fact, I used to see him as the worst, but he is the greatest living former President humanitarian in this Frogboy’s opinion. :super:

I wonder if the guy we've got now will spend his newfound retirement clearing brush on his ranch or building houses for those in need. Anything is possible. I feel that is the true measure of a public servant. :attitude:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wonder if the guy we've got now will spend his newfound retirement clearing brush on his ranch or building houses for those in need. Anything is possible. I feel that is the true measure of a public servant. :attitude:
...Kind of a scary thing to ponder, lol. I would like to think he'd do something good. Like help at vet's hospitals (Ouch, hehe).

But seriously, yes anything is possible. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some sort of good news... Apparently, the stocks went up 900 points yesterday. That doesn't quite make up for all the losses, but we got solid growth in one day. Hopefully, more schmucks will LEAVE their money in the stock Market, and not pretend to be Chicken Licken, running round saying, "The Bottom's Falling! The Bottom's Falling!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Bush administrative just spent a large amount from that $700 million bailout on stocks in the banks.

And I just read this morning, it's official, we are now in the Second Great Depression.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Someone in my class made a poor rendering of a check that was sen to Wall Street. It said 7 mil., but he claims that only 2 mil. was sent.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Bush administrative just spent a large amount from that $700 million bailout on stocks in the banks.

And I just read this morning, it's official, we are now in the Second Great Depression.
Not yet. If the stocks continue to plummet solidly, THEN it will be. As long as more people are investing, and have the guts to wait everything out, we should just wiff by with a recession.