Bear In The Big Blue House

beaker

Reaction score
*yay* I'm the first to post in this section. heh
Anyways, just wanted to welcome everyone to this super duper cool new forum. I also wanted to see who else on here is a big Bear In The Big Blue House fan? Ive been in love with the cha cha cha swing of things for a few years, and can't wait to see what's in store for Bear this year. Did anybody else get Bear Vol. 2?
Also, I don't have cable, so I was wondering what the new season of Bear is like. Any new changes? Ack, and I missed BEar on Hollywood Squares...good to see the Muppets represented every few weeks on there!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Heya, another big "Bear" fan here! And I really am, at 6'6"! :wink: Okay, TALL maybe, but not BIG big (though I am workin' out, heh, heh, heh...)

Yeah, man I love that show---especially Luna! She's my favorite. If you ever see the book "Luna's Night", you HAVE to get it---it totally rocks, and glows in the dark!

As for this season, I haven't seen any of it. Actually I haven't seen a lot of "Bear", but I do try to catch it every now and then. After Luna, Pip & Pop are my next favorites.

And man, that first album they put out (I don't have the second one) totally kicks some major Bear booty. I can't get enough of it! :big_grin:

Later same-age-as-me-dude,

Byron

Lu775

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just recently become a fan of Bear (thanks to MC radio actually!). Getting the Bear CD is top of my list for next time I hit the mall.
Also, Pip and Pop? totally cute!
:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Hey! Good to see some Bear fan son here. After the last hurrah for Fraggledom in 1993(with the relase of the last FR thing ever, the Disney videos) I was really hoping they would come along with a really cool 3rd Muppet franchise next to Muppet Show and Sesame Street. So in 1997 during MT! on Disney, I was so excited to see trailers for it. Been a HUGE fan ever since! Ilove both the cds, especially the first one. Love the dvds. Love the Fisher Price figures, and plushes. Just worried as the BEAR section at Disney Store in the malls has dwindled down to nothing. Im hoping that movie comes to fruition, and there's a renewed interest in it. I also love how the show has travelled around a bit. I just wish more people liked it, though Im sure a lot see it as a 'little kiddy' show(Big Bag this is not! heh) To me, Bear, Tutter, Treelo etc are just too darn cute not to love. My next hope is that they bring Bear and friends into real enviroments like Sesame started doing in the 80's.

Btw, while who knows when MPM for gba will ever get released, there's a brand new game boy color Bear game. I hope they make one in the side scrolling vein of Monsters Inc.

///beaker///

scarecroe

Reaction score
have you been sniffin' again?

Sniffin'? You Crazy? I love Bear! So wild too seeing as how I've seen so little of it.

What up Coree dude!?

As a matter of fact, the only Bear that I have seen is on the two videos I own: Sleepy Time with Bear and Friends on DVD (includes "The Big Sleep," "And To All A Good Night" & "Friends For Life") and Visiting The Doctor With Bear on VHS (includes "A Big Blue House Call" & "That Healing Feeling").

Thanks to MC Radio, I got hooked on the songs and thus now own both CDs, the first of which I'm finding is becoming hard to come by.

Yay, Bear!

Oh! And I might be taking my 19-month old daughter to see the live show when it comes to town, too!

scarecroe

Reaction score
By the way... I've been meaning to ask this...

Has there ever been a Bear/Sesame or Muppet crossover other than the We Are Family video? I mean, in an actual episode, like all of a sudden Big Bird stumbles into the Big Blue House! That would be awesome!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I also like Bear in the Big Blue House.

I have no idea when it's on, so sometime's I'm lucky and I can watch it.

FER SURE

Reaction score
Bear rocks the party, that rocks the party

A few years back my family and I were visiting Disney World's "Disney MGM Studios" They were in the proccess of doing a "soft open" on the new "Bear in the Big Blue House" attraction. A soft open is when Disney opens an attraction but doesnt advertise it to the public, only to their cast members. Anyone who wanders by is allowed to experience the attraction so my family and I went in and saw the show. It was wonderfull and very interactive for the children. While talking to one of the hostesses she informed me that an entire team from Henson had been at the show just before mine. Supposedly the team had included all the puppeteers from the Bear cast , reps from the workshop, and people from corporate Henson including Brian. I was so bummed that I had missed them. When I became a cast member at Disney I used my id to sneak around backstage of the Bear attraction! Even though I didnt get to see anything cool it was fun to be back there. I also came very close to "reapropriating" several pieces of Muppet and Bear themed Disney costumes. The sad news now is that just before I quit working for Disney the Bear attraction was shut down and re-opened as "Playhouse Disney Live on Stage". Which means that Bear is still there but plays a much smaller part, and is now joined by all of the other characters from the other shows in the playhouse disney time slot. Sad change!

Joggy

Reaction score
Yep, I love Bear too. Don't have many episodes, but what I've seen is great! (especially the Berry Bear Christmas special! Anybody seen that?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
Yep, I love Bear too. Don't have many episodes, but what I've seen is great! (especially the Berry Bear Christmas special! Anybody seen that?
Yeah, I've seen that. I even recorded it (although I somehow managed to record the second part first and the first part second)...