Ask Ken at Palisades

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Basic rundown for the opening for first episode of MT

Originally posted by Crazy Harry
A bunch of Muppets are in a board meeting as Gonzo shows Kermit the new program plan. Kermit notices that there is an empty spot in the layout which leave a whole half hour of absolutley nothing in the next two mintues (or something like that). He tells everyone that they'll have to come up with an idea for a new show in time and everyone runs out except Clifford, who was too busy talking to his girlfriend on his celphone to know what was going on.
Kermit tells Clifford that he's going to get his own show and he gets excited. When he asks when it'll start, Kermit tells him about 40 seconds or something. Clifford tells his girlfriend he'll have to call her back and then faints.
I remember that! I can't believe I remember that! It was... '96, was it? I was only 9. So long ago.

I remember parts of the lineup. Gonzo listed one of them as being the X-flies. <---(not mis-spelled)

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Many fans have seemed to express intrest in the MT/JHH Clifford rather than the MT one, i was thinking although the Clifford repaint would have to have him in a suit, how about painting it so that he looks hipper, like maybe a blue jacket, green pants and maybe you can paint some musical notes on his jacket, that way many of us (including me) could get the Clifford version we want.

This Clifford is in the vest and tie. His normal painted version will be the sort of tan/magenta outfit. But the repaint will be INSANE in all the patterns we will work onto him. This may be a case where the repaint becomes a real chase figure.

Can't so the JHH version for two reasons.

1. He is already sculpted in the shirt, tie and vest from MT.
2. We don't have the rights to make anything from JHH.

Oh and how's this for accessories? Colated all the suggestions over on the PT board...

Sunglasses, Cel Phone, Director's Chair, Video Tapes, Microphone with Stand

So maybe he'll turn out OK...I gotta stick with the guns here...still gotta believe in THE PLAN. Not gonna short pack Clifford, worry about the version...gotta believe he will turn out to be a sleeper hit figure the way Lew was...I believed in Lew...I gotta believe in Clifford...

(*clicking heels*)

There's no figure as cool as Clifford...There's no figure as cool as Clifford... There's no figure as cool as Clifford...

Luke

Reaction score
Although i kinda made a joke before, i believe Clifford won't do too badly either as long as he looks hot, don't see a need to short pack him. He isn't all that popular so he was a strange one to choose at this point, but i think it's fair to say that with the Muppet figure line, sometimes a good looking sculpt with cool accessories can be a greater draw than how people have rated the actual Muppet character.

Is the microphone with stand going to be just a duplicate of the one that came with Fozzie or is it going to be an old style radio one (with a stand added) like Letterman uses on the talk show which i suggested over at Palisades ?.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Old style...like you suggested. Have a great reference on it too...right out of the old Muppets Tonight style guide.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If it's a dupe microphone, I suggest a more classic 40s style one with the "K-MUP" logo on it.

I could also go for a dancing cheese or a non-articulated Koozebanian from the show. That crazy one from one of the first episodes. Maybe a Nine Inch Snail would be nice. Some little non-articulated pack-in would be fun. I like thoes other items though. :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I don't see how Clifford could be that much more strange a choise then the Newsman.

Of coarse I want both.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Old style...like you suggested. Have a great reference on it too...right out of the old Muppets Tonight style guide.
Excellent stuff ! I'm excited to see how the directors chair will turn out too, whether it will be able to fold up and stuff. Well it'll thrill you beyond belief to hear that i'll be buying a Clifford now !

:wink:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thanks for the description of the first shows introduction. It actually makes more sense now. He was just thrown in there. :big_grin:

I'm glad to read that the Clifford Repaint will have grovey, funky paint ops and stuff. He'll definatly be with my Electric Mayhem set up, but I don't know which one yet! I have the regular set up and the repaint set up, minus Dr, Teeth for right now. Maybe I'll just need 2 Clifford Repaints! A Guitar would still be nice, or a TV monitor for those tapes.