Ask Ken at Palisades

radionate

Reaction score
Didn't Clifford play an instrument? Why won't he be coming with that?

King Prawn

Reaction score
Ken,

i've just remembered, over at the Palisades Board you had said that by April 1st we'd have known who the new retailer was.

so my question is, can you tell us who the new retailer is?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it's one thing to be able to tell us what the new retailer for the figures will be; and it's quite another to actually tell us what the new retailer for the figures will be. Me, I prefer to be actually told what the new retailer for the figures will be as opposed to whether or not he can tell us.

A few questions/suggestions about Clifford.
1 Just how is it that wearing a shirt, vest, and tie (along with pants and shoes) differentiate the character that much? Will Clifford be dressed like some sort of business working class Muppet? Or will there be a little bit of liberality taken with his dress or wardrobe to make him look a little casual at the same time?
2 As for the accessories, I'd like to see some sort of slot/holder to keep the video tapes in place included with the figure. Not sure about the director's chair though, and could you get a lot of playability from a director's chair and a bunch of video tapes like that? Just asking cause I'm genuinely curious.
3 Though I'd personally like to see the figure come with a differently-sculpted base guitar, I'd be willing to have that supressed for a director's booth with swivel chair, TV monitor, and switchboard. The booth wouldn't even absolutely need to have the swivel chair, it could be a free-standing monitoring booth desk. This in my opinion, would really make the figure a must-buy with fun playability for the accessories included along with the old-style microphone.
Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy Clifford to get as many different Muppets in action figure form and to continue supporting the line's future growth, it's just that I think that there are a few other items that could be included with the figure that would make it look much better as part of the collection.
Thanks for listening to my small rant, and hopefully these questions/suggestions will be taken in consideration when finally working with the actual figure's tooling and production.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I wish Frank Oz would just loop his voice for Sam the Eagle, Sam doesn't have many lines so a few from Frank would be nice, no piggy, no fozzie, no animal, just Sam.:attitude:

Yeah whats going on with the new retailer?

Zack,Rowlf the,dog

camax

Reaction score
I'd like to know who the new retailer is as well, so I could actually have a chance at finding some of the figures after the first week they come out. I'm just afraid that having an announcement on April 1st may not mean anything real!

Luke

Reaction score
I agree Zack, that why bother getting Kevin to loop "Sam" when you might as well get Frank - probably both come at the same price nowdays although not sure they could afford either for a TV show nowdays. Money in TV is very low ! Maybe Frank was busy at the time of the Xmas Muppet Movie.

Count - the directors chair is PERFECT for Clifford, it totally makes sense amongst TV style accessories. If i was going to change anything it would probably have been the tapes for a movie clapper board but the tapes work for me too. The directors chair will look brilliant, may well be quite an intricate piece folding up and having something printed on the back. You don't just have to use it for the Clifford figure - for playability how about having the Jim Henson figure sit in the directors chair, while say Kermit operates the TV camera, Rizzo can produce with his headset, and Scooter can be the floor manager with his megaphone. You could have your own behind the scenes TV crew for any 'Muppet' performances you plan to put on.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I agree with Luke, I think that Clifford should come with a clapper board instead of video tapes.

There is no where or way to use or play with video tapes, But with a Clapper board any of the Muppets could use it.

I thought Scooter would have come with it, But he didnt.

So i think that thats the one thing that should be changed.

see ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Tapes? as in video tapes? are you kidding me? I don't even understand it! what would you do with them? YES! a clapper, and or directors chair would work well and could be used with other figures. i have put scooters clipboard and megaphone in kermits hands and they fit nicely.i hope that the tapes could be changed, the only think i can think of "tapes" from MT was when the Muppet babie tapes got mixed up with the signfeild tapes. still nothing i would want to see an action figure come with.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good ideas Luke. Guess you'd naturally come up with these being involved in actual TV production as your profession. That way actually sounds nice to me, cause we could have our own version of a Muppety Talk Soup with quirky characters all comprising the stage crew. So you guys don't think that the Clifford figure should come with some sort of a base guitar, huh? Well, if you really want a clapboard accessory for Clifford, just use the one that comes with the Creeper figure from the BTAS figure line. If this isn't realistic enough for us, then we could either make one or hunt for a clapboard piece from action figure collectors or doll accessory catalogues. Now that this issue has been director's chaired, what about the questions I asked about Clifford's wardrobe? Just how does the plan for his clothes differentiate the figure from what you'd expect? After all, this won't be a business working class 3-piece suit Muppet figure or will it? Thanks and have a good day.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Count, Ken said this about Cliff's clothes:
"This Clifford is in the vest and tie. His normal painted version will be the sort of tan/magenta outfit. But the repaint will be INSANE in all the patterns we will work onto him. This may be a case where the repaint becomes a real chase figure.

Can't so the JHH version for two reasons.

1. He is already sculpted in the shirt, tie and vest from MT.
2. We don't have the rights to make anything from JHH."

So, not a business suit, but maybe business casual?