Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
...and he comes with a Penguin in hotpants! :zany:
OMG - lime green lycra ? That would be fantastic, i could imagine the news reports showing scenes of store riots as their supplies sold out within seconds. Mothers & Fathers would write to newspapers spouting their angry venom at Palisades Toys, the company that dared to go beyond the boundaries of taste and decency and make an action figure that was just too freakin sexy !

:eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Lime green? Isnt' that a boy's color. LOL! I was thinking hot pink. :big_grin:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Well it'll thrill you beyond belief to hear that i'll be buying a Clifford now !

:wink:
You know what? The best news I heard all day...and I mean that.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
You know what? The best news I heard all day...and I mean that.
Well how bout this?

I'm buying one too!!!!!!:smile:

:stick_out_tongue:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Clifford's gonna be the 1st out of series 6 im getting, because he's my favorite character out of series 6. Pretty cool you used the VHS tapes and directors chair I suggested! :smile:

dhillman

Reaction score
I'm getting them all! Now I'm just looking forward to it more!!!

And I'll ask here what I tried asking in another thread.... What would we think about having the "Leprechaun Brothers" (i.e. Beaker, Swedish Chef, and Animal) done as a collector's club / variant somewhere further down the line? Ken, would something like this be of interest?

D

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think I've mentioned my approval for a Clifford long ago. Just so folks know, I emailed to the JHC (from another thread) about Clifford and asked if he was being retired, will he be rejoining the EM band, and if Lips was making a comeback any time soon. The response was "No, no, and Maybe." They also forwarded on my suggestion for a full-compilation CD of just the EM band!!

Maybe if we begin writing them they will make that ever-so-wanted-and-needed-to-sustain-life CD we're all waiting for?!

fanmail@henson.com

Also, be sure to plug your love of these Palisades figures, too!! I did.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't know who answered you at Henson, i think they tend to give 'fan friendly' answers, but it's pretty unilkely from a TV point of view they'll be able to use Clifford as an active character without having someone else voice him or paying out quite a bit for Kevin Clash to come in freelance and do one character on the same money the other guys get doing a whole bunch of them - unless i guess they decide to just have him in the backgrounds not speaking like they do with others.

I don't like the character much, never thought he was right for the Muppets, certainly wasn't anywhere near strong enough to host a show and i don't feel he works well with the classic Muppets like Pepe and Dr Phil do - still not convinced about Johnny Fiama yet either. To me Clifford is the Muppet's version of Sesame's Elmo although i'm talking specifically about the character, not the action figure which will be great !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Keep in mind, though, that Kevin Clash is taking over some of the other older characters, too now. I forget which ones, but isn't he performing Sam and another of Oz's characters now, too? Not to mention background characters and extras during the show.

Luke

Reaction score
Nope it's a myth - Kevin just looped that one voice, he was never there as far as i know. Eric did the actual puppet. They had a 10 Million budget for that so if they really wanted "Sam" they could afford to have him. I'm not sure if with the lower budget TV show they'll want to go to the trouble and expense of getting him to loop for just one or two minor characters.