Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

DatH

Reaction score
Back in the 80s, everyone hated on the nerds
after the late 90s it seems everyone IS a nerd
Though I'd argue that the Chicken Pox ep is more outdated

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, a lot of the older, classic seasons and episodes are terribly outdated for many different reasons, namely technology, such as the episode "Arthur, World's Greatest Gleeper," in which Muffy had her own cellular phone, which looked more like a cordless handset from a landline phone - back when cellphones were hardly common for ordinary people to have.

Any Del

Reaction score
Honestly, it was like that when I was a kid and started wearing glasses in kindergarten: not once did I ever have to put up with name-calling and teasing or any of that stuff . . . in fact, other kids thought I looked weird (some say even scary) without glasses.
You and me both man.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Any Del I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen you without your glasses. I do have an idea of how you would look without them though.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well one episode is not timeless, the episode about Arthur getting glasses. Glasses are now in normalcy and nobody makes fun of you for wearing them
Maybe so but the moral of the episode doesn't change despite that. And to be honest, I was mainly referring to the comedy and overall writing of the series. The first 5-6 seasons can still make me laugh to this day.

BertsNose

Reaction score
I haven't watched any of the newer episodes of "Arthur". It was a huge part of my childhood just like everyone else's so I'm a little depressed that it's ending, even if it's about time. I haven't even managed to see all of the Classic episodes, though I definitely remember "Arthur's Eyes." I have the VHS tape of it that was released by Random House among others that I re-purchased from ebay. I also don't really remember the Chickenpox episode or "World's Greatest Gleeper."

With Arthur ending, maybe I should make it a point to track down more of the Classic episodes that were released on tape. There's a PBS station in my cable package (YKids) that I keep forgetting to watch which will occasionally air a Classic rerun. Tonight at 12:30 am eastern in my area is "I'm a Poet/The-Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club." Tomorrow at 4:30 pm is another Season 1 episode "My Club Rules/Stolen Bike." I'm not familiar with any of these episodes so maybe I should give them a watch. For some reason even my local PBS station in Philadelphia has been airing the Classics again. I don't know when this started but Monday at 6:30 am (I'll still be in bed but it'll rerun later in the afternoon) is one I definitely remember from my childhood, "Arthur's Almost Boring Day/The Half Baked Sale" . On Tuesday YKids is showing the Mr. Rogers episode and it's companion "Draw". I don't know if anyone here gets YKids but if so, definitely try to catch the Classic Arthur when it's on.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm really starting to get annoyed with the number of articles talking about the show ending that highlight in the memes that have been made
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I do like how the memes have ingrained Arthur into internet culture and given it more popularity than it would have had otherwise, but the show is so much more than that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If people only see Arthur as nothing more than funny memes than they know nothing of the show and just use it for clout attention.