Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

DatH

Reaction score
It needed to die a long time ago. When you constantly have to recast Arthur’s voice actor to the point it just becomes painfully obvious, you have a problem.
To be fair, that occurred since S9 starting with Cameron Ansell
At the very least I liked his Arthur, even if I prefer Mark and Michael
though every after S12 (incidentally when AKOM stopped animating) it's poor
I feel DW is worse ironically. Doesn't help how after S6 writing for her has been mediocre

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Arthur is basically a gallon of milk that was sitting in the sun for way too long and pretty much became moldy cheese long past its expiration date.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've been saying, this show had already been dead to me for quite some time. The first few episodes of Season 18 were among the last I willingly watched, and I thought with the return of former writer Ken Scarborough, who was among those instrumental writers of the earlier seasons along with Joe Fallon, that that would be a saving grace for the show, and while the episodes Ken had written did have more of a classic ARTHUR feel to them, the endings were really weak and anti-climatic, such as "Surprise," where a grudge-holding Francine tries to concoct some kind of scheme to ruin her big sister Catherine's birthday party for not inviting her, only for her to decide against it at the very last second - all of that build-up for nothing.

I watched Season 20 out of genuine curiosity since it was an anniversary season, but honestly, nothing stood out about it, nor did anything even feel special about it whatsoever, and, as I've said, my PBS stopped airing ARTHUR altogether afterwards, so I've seen absolutely nothing from Seasons 21 onward.

As you can tell from this thread that I started over a decade ago, and has never died since then, it's felt like the writers had been out of fresh ideas for a long time, but definitely in recent years, not only has the show not felt fresh, it's felt tired as well.

It's definitely agreed, then, that this show more than deserves to be put out of its misery. . . . Now, if only FOX would have the same kind of mercy on THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY, and some are already wanting Nickelodeon to end THE LOUD HOUSE now before it reaches this point like SpongeBob - including the fired creator.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It was already common knowledge among Arthur fans that season 25 would be the last but it still seems surreal to see it being widely reported and confirmed. The show hasn't been consistently good since the mid-2000s but I still don't know if I'm ready to see it go. It was a huge part of my childhood and the old episodes are timeless.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It was already common knowledge among Arthur fans that season 25 would be the last but it still seems surreal to see it being widely reported and confirmed. The show hasn't been consistently good since the mid-2000s but I still don't know if I'm ready to see it go. It was a huge part of my childhood and the old episodes are timeless.
Well one episode is not timeless, the episode about Arthur getting glasses. Glasses are now in normalcy and nobody makes fun of you for wearing them

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honestly, it was like that when I was a kid and started wearing glasses in kindergarten: not once did I ever have to put up with name-calling and teasing or any of that stuff . . . in fact, other kids thought I looked weird (some say even scary) without glasses.