Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I thought that it was renewed until Season 25?
It was probably a misconception.

But yeah, I strongly believe "Arthur" is going to end sooner than later. I bet there will be a climactic moment occurring on the series finale, and the decision to wrap up production after Season 24 was supposedly pre-determined well in advance. From what it sounds, it implies that the production crew know well in advance that cancellation is coming, and they decided to wrap up the series on their own terms without facing a cancellation notice.

However, if "Sesame Street" were to end the series (likely not for quite a while), that series will likely go out a normal episode, with nothing big happening, and no hinting of the finale.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It was probably a misconception.

But yeah, I strongly believe "Arthur" is going to end sooner than later. I bet there will be a climactic moment occurring on the series finale, and the decision to wrap up production after Season 24 was supposedly pre-determined well in advance. From what it sounds, it implies that the production crew know well in advance that cancellation is coming, and they decided to wrap up the series on their own terms without facing a cancellation notice.

However, if "Sesame Street" were to end the series (likely not for quite a while), that series will likely go out a normal episode, with nothing big happening, and no hinting of the finale.
It's strange though because there was an article that said that it was renewed up until Season 25.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
But maybe the producers chose to end the series prematurely, out of uncertainty and fear of when a cancellation notice may be handed out.

It's possible that PBS will likely air indefinite reruns from many of the seasons during what would have been Season 25. Or maybe the latter episodes produced for Season 24 may be designated as Season 25.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Weird feeling watching that clip at the top of the page after not having watched the show in 15 years... that incidental music is still 👌 tho.
Yeah its weird I haven't watched the show since I was 8. Going back now and watching the early episodes, Arthur is a really good show tbh. It's very well made. I hope the show is just as good as it was.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So the new season premiered today, and unfortunately I missed the first episode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, again, since my PBS doesn't even air the show anymore, I won't even be seeing any of the new episodes.