Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I wouldn't declare that Ladonna is leaving the show - yet.

It might be a similar situation as with the 1983 Charlie Brown special "Is This Goodbye, Charlie Brown?" where Linus and Lucy were moving away because of their father's job transfer, only to return at the end of the special, implying his father got laid off and returned to his old job.

The episode "When Duty Calls" might be considered a way to reboost viewership in order to continue producing episodes and have the show continue making money, since the show is losing popularity and ratings are in decline, which explains the episode order being reduced from ten to seven a few years ago.
There's a full description of the Ladonna episode out there somewhere.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know ARTHUR has been on for way too long when one of the oldest episodes is titled "Night Fright," and now one of the new episodes is titled "Fright Night."

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I honestly would have guessed that "Sesame Street" would have ended after Season 50, but after finding out last weekend about being renewed for five more seasons (albeit on the HBO Max streaming service), it must imply the show was doing better online tban on television.

But yeah, I personally think "Arthur" should end its run after Season 25. The producers must be running out of ideas by now, plus the longtime voice actors (for Buster and Muffy, to name two) are up there in age. Or, like will be the case with "Sesame Street", continue the series but only on an online streaming app.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Supposedly, ARTHUR is finally ending after Season 24; at least three of the key voice actors have mentioned this on Twitter.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I honestly would have guessed that "Sesame Street" would have ended after Season 50, but after finding out last weekend about being renewed for five more seasons (albeit on the HBO Max streaming service), it must imply the show was doing better online tban on television.

But yeah, I personally think "Arthur" should end its run after Season 25. The producers must be running out of ideas by now, plus the longtime voice actors (for Buster and Muffy, to name two) are up there in age. Or, like will be the case with "Sesame Street", continue the series but only on an online streaming app.
I can see that happening.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score

I was honestly shocked Arthur was still making new episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going to actually cancel SS anytime soon. I mean, yeah, a lot of older fans may feel its worn out its welcome, and is basically dead to them now, but you forget just what a legacy and an institution it really is (far moreso than ARTHUR) - canceling SS would a "perish the thought" kind of thing - except for certain politicians, nobody is going to want to willingly cancel SS without a good, logical reason behind the decision.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going to actually cancel SS anytime soon. I mean, yeah, a lot of older fans may feel its worn out its welcome, and is basically dead to them now, but you forget just what a legacy and an institution it really is (far moreso than ARTHUR) - canceling SS would a "perish the thought" kind of thing - except for certain politicians, nobody is going to want to willingly cancel SS without a good, logical reason behind the decision.