Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Welp, it's official: Ladonna is leaving.

Honestly, Ladonna never really bothered me at all . . . aside from her and her family's inaccurate southern accents (they still pronounced certain words more like northerns and Canadians do), I just never could hate her, because she wasn't a bad character . . . part of me wanted to automatically hate her because she was dumped into a show so far into its run, and with the humongous cast of characters it already has, her addition just seemed completely unnecessary . . . and this now solidifies it.
Where did you find that out?

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I wonder if she's leaving due to fans complaining.
Something similar happened in the later seasons of FOP with the infamous additions of Poof and (even more so) Sparky. They were so hated that after a few seasons they were quietly phased out of the show. But it ended up not mattering because the show ended shortly after anyway.
Wait Poof and Sparky were removed from the show in the end? I stopped watching the show when Sparky was introduced.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
R.L. Stine will be the special guest star for this season, and he'll be playing Buster's Uncle Bob:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I wonder if Ladonna Compson is leaving the show because of possibly her voice actor retiring or something?

The "Fright Night" episode sounds pretty cool, especially more than two decades after "Night Fright".

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I never knew Sparky was a character in "Arthur". Especially since the Arthur Wiki doesn't have a page for Sparky. Maybe that poster meant Spanky (the bird, whose name was spelled like the leader of "Our Gang").

EDIT: I originally misread the post, it turns out Sparky and Poof were on FOP. What does FOP stand for?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I wouldn't declare that Ladonna is leaving the show - yet.

It might be a similar situation as with the 1983 Charlie Brown special "Is This Goodbye, Charlie Brown?" where Linus and Lucy were moving away because of their father's job transfer, only to return at the end of the special, implying his father got laid off and returned to his old job.

The episode "When Duty Calls" might be considered a way to reboost viewership in order to continue producing episodes and have the show continue making money, since the show is losing popularity and ratings are in decline, which explains the episode order being reduced from ten to seven a few years ago.

Last edited: