Another TV Land Outrage!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There's less and less reason to get cable, I think. Other than having clearer pictures. Or channels that don't go out every time there's a gentle breeze.
Yeah, there really is less and less good stuff on cable and it is continually ever shrinking all the time.

Ironicall, no. But they're delegated to (and only to) Adult Swim, with the drunkard college party guys that watch cartoons as well. I like Aqua Teen and all, but AS's best days are behind them. Luckily I can watch those onlnie with no problems. The Adult Swim video site uses a much better video compresser than the other CN pages.

You know, I still don't know where I fit in. I like liking unique stuff and all, but sometimes I feel left out. Plus, I got a problem with the "cool gamer geeks" comin' in, takin' all our womens! :stick_out_tongue:
Oh yeah! That makes sense! And it's true that the Adult Swim site does have a really good video compressor for viewing their shows, too!

Gamer geeks taking all you guys women you say? I was not aware! *Gaps*:eek:

Not necessarily, was just saying I was never a cool kid, anyway.
Oh, I see. I never cared too much about that kind of things weather I was or not.:smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gamer geeks taking all you guys women you say? I was not aware! *Gaps*:eek:
Actually, some of that is a joke. But I really hate this pseudo geek culture we live in... with those giant ugly vynal toys that cost way too much and stuff like that.

Aw man... I hear rumors that M*A*S*H is being removed from TV Land's lineup for Hogan's Heroes and [scrubs]!
You know, I never understood the appeal of Hogan's Heroes, myself. If anyone has read the Mad magazine parody of Hogan's Heroes (especially the end), that pretty much sums up what I think of it. M*A*S*H* is a classic, no argument there. It showed the true face of war, and how people make the most of it, and keep up their humor. Hogan's Heroes is revisionist history mashed up with outdated propaganda type media about how stupid the Nazis were. Sure, there's a laugh or two there, but nothing much else.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, I never understood the appeal of Hogan's Heroes, myself. If anyone has read the Mad magazine parody of Hogan's Heroes (especially the end), that pretty much sums up what I think of it. M*A*S*H* is a classic, no argument there. It showed the true face of war, and how people make the most of it, and keep up their humor. Hogan's Heroes is revisionist history mashed up with outdated propaganda type media about how stupid the Nazis were. Sure, there's a laugh or two there, but nothing much else.
EXACTLY! M*A*S*H was a well-structured show that showed how horrible war was; whereas Hogan's Heroes pretty much was JUST "another sitcom" that made war look like a great time had by all.

EDIT: I'd also like to add to Drtooth's other point: the pilot episode of Hogan's Heroes featured a Russian P.O.W., who was a part of Hogan's group, however, when the series was purchased, the actor who played him did not sign back on, because as a survivor of the Holocaust, he didn't like how they loosely portrayed the Nazis on the show.

EDIT AGAIN: I just HAD to check out the MAD Magazine parody Drtooth talked about, now THAT'S even more appealing than the actual show! "Furst I vooud like to do 'cuteness'!"

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Aw man... I hear rumors that M*A*S*H is being removed from TV Land's lineup for Hogan's Heroes and [scrubs]!:mad: :grouchy: :cry:
What they oughta do is keep M*A*S*H, go ahead and air Hogan's Heroes like they were planning, and get rid of [scrubs] and bring Tales of the Gold Monkey back in its place. But that's just me.

And is it sad that, when my cable provider ran the American Life TV channel on the free preview channel a week ago, I thought that a good majority of the shows they aired at night would be considered Nick at Nite "classics"?

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT AGAIN: I just HAD to check out the MAD Magazine parody Drtooth talked about, now THAT'S even more appealing than the actual show! "Furst I vooud like to do 'cuteness'!"
I especially love how plausible the ending was. I can agree with that actor who left the show in disgust.

Scrubs, I do think is an underappreciated series, and I heard it was going to go to Comedy Central (Comedy Central or TBS or something would be a better fit, agreed?). But how do they think they're going to get ratings with a show no one watches anyway? If the ratings are that bad, that it's always teetering towards cancellation (though ABC is said to have picked up the show to end it, after NBC airs the last produced episodes- the strike jeopardized the ending of the series), why would anyone think the reruns would get ratings at all?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Comedy Central might be a better fit for Scrubs. And I have to say, I didn't watch it at first, but once I gave it a chance I realized it's one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Actually, no. I hate AS with a passion :stick_out_tongue:. Don't lump all we geeks together :wink:.
I'm a toy collecting, anime/cartoon watching, comic book reading, video game playing girl geek thank you :big_grin:!
And sans the girl part, I am in that field as well. Not all of us 20 somethings are into shoddy toilet humor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, are you guys ready for this?

3rd Rock from the Sun is coming to TV Land as well.

You know what? That show was pretty good... not a show I'd watch all the time, but it was still pretty good nonetheless... I'm just wondering through it if it's considered a "classic" since it ended, what 2001 or 2002?

Aw what the heck, why do I care? TV Land isn't for classics anymore, and as of today, I'm no longer watching it.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
When they put shows on TV Land or Nick at Night that really aren't that old, it makes ME feel super old :/ Scrubs? 3rd Rock? Seriously?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Ditto. We 20 somethings feel anchient when shows that came after us are considered "classics".